Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ROSS Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
What a pleasure it was to watch an epic battle of two great soccer teams.

Wando seemed to have the best of it in the first half as the play remained on the Wando end of the pitch for most of the half. The Mauldin defense was steadfast and limited the Wando chances to 4 with one great save by the Mauldin keeper. Mauldin was the more physical of the 2 teams accumulating a dozen fouls and 2 yellow cards in the first half. The wind was in Wando's favor in the first half and played havoc on punts and goal kicks.

The second half Wando created any early opportunity and Kelsey Timmerman was taken down in the box. Madeleine Felabom converted the them penalty beautifully. Wando's celebration lasted 12 seconds too long as Mauldin attacked long on the restart and scored on great cross and finish.

This seemed to energize the Mauldin team and they really took over the game at this point. Schaidle scored the second goal on a perfect cross that found her unmarked 10 yards from the net she deftly one timed the cross passed the diving Wando keeper.

Wando created but 2 more chances which the keeper handled with relative ease.

Congratulations to Wando and Coach Shannon Champ on an incredible run. Since taking over at Wando Shannon Champ has guided her team to a lowerstate championship loss, back to back state championships and runner up. I expect to see Wando to continue this tradition of excellence in years to come. Wando loses just 2 Seniors to graduation this year and should be a force at state again next season.

What can you say about this years Mauldin team other than what a talented group of players. They were the better team on this night and deserved the championship based on their dominance of play after Wando opened the scoring. I look forward to seeing Miss Schaedle playing for the Cougars next season.

Congratulations to both teams on fantastic seasons!!!!

ROSS!!! For no reason!
C
throw in
throw in
C
Good call MRoss. For those that weren't there, you missed an excellent game. Easily the best game I've seen in a while. Hope the guys can repeat that quality tonight.

world cup
world cup
Thanks for the recap, sounds like a great match.

Congratulations to Mauldin. Lady Mavs were excellent in pulling out victories, in the semi-final and final, after being down 1-0 in the second half in both matches.

Great job Kevin.

Congrats to Wando as well on another great season.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
throw in
throw in
Congratulation to Mauldin and Wando for a very exciting and well played game. This will be one to remember for all Mauldin players, coaches, and fans. As this is the last game for me as a Mauldin parent I wish the best of luck to all the remaining players and their parents. Mavs Soccer Dad - I leave you with the task of updating the message board for the next two years. I will check in for time to time to read all your updates.

Last edited by mavsupporter; 05/26/09 05:25 PM.

"Play every game with your whole heart as you never know if it is your last game"
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Congratulations to Mauldin on your State Championship and to Wando for a great run!

From the Greenville News
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbc...0805&Ref=PH

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Re: 2009 SC State Championships - Live from Memorial Stadium [Re: Dave Easley]
#123163 - 05/22/09 08:08 PM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

Second half action is now underway at the Memorial Grounds ... the first half was full of it -- that's for sure! Two cautions to Mauldin's Kristie Hirt (32') and Sarah Shaidle (34') ... one on what looked to be a foul at the top of the area on the last field player on a potential goal scoring opportunity. The red card remained in the official's pocket, though. Three shots to two in favor of Wando, and the Mavericks have been whistled for 11 fouls to 4 for the Warriors.
-----------------------------------------------------------

#4 Wando forward, Nora Bishop, beats all the Mav defenders...Nothing in the box between the Wando forward and the goalkeeper except empty real estate and the ball!

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbc...arams=Itemnr=53

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbc...arams=Itemnr=54

Several factors involved in the Wando loss, but I find this one interesting since "the foul" was used successfully against Ft Mill and Wando.

corner kick
corner kick
WB,
I believe Nora broke lose on this one and the ref played advantage, giving #5 a yellow after the play ended. He did make up for it with the PK in second half and the "no call" when #15 for Mauldin was taken down in the box.
I wish Wando the best and hopefully we can both return for another rematch.

Only time will tell

Link Copied to Clipboard