Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
G
kick off
kick off
G
Refs take a class on angles, and if that's your excuse for all of this ref's pathetic calls, he slept through that course. How about the one where the Irmo player got jumped on and brought to the ground by the Irmo sideline, and Northwestern got the free kick awarded to them!?! The ref also missed several other yellow or potentially red cards. Most were in favor of Northwestern (yes, obviously I'm an Irmo fan and pretty bias), and a few were in favor of Irmo, but the refs were altogether pretty bad, especially when they had six of them on the field and one in the box working on the scoreboard. In the ref's defense, though, everyone has a bad game every once in a while.

goal
goal
The refs were definitely not the best but the better team won last night in my opinion.

G
kick off
kick off
G
I agree. Although I could ramble on about an argument that if the ref had given all the red cards he "should have" Irmo would have won, Northwestern deserved the win. On the other hand, their coach does need to have a talk with them about their dirty play, and these tactics should not be condoned.

throw in
throw in
same goes to both sides, Irmo coaching staff have never had a problem with the dirty play of their players

and GsDad I said earlier, the Eastside player did not get booked either, they're is supposed to be a rule about over celebrations and things of that nature but it really has not been implemented at all this season by local referees

corner kick
corner kick
I was far from the play but I saw the kid pushing Acree, if that was the call, should have been a yellow card. I didnt see any handball.

Irmo had some good chances in the first half and played better but they did not have somebody on top that could really finish those plays.

Also the little kid for NW in the back was the sc version of Cannavaro.

After the first half my prediction was Irmo 2 NW 0 but NW came back to play in the second half, Enzo had much more space and he made # 3 look slow, while Alex took over the center mid. The black guy was too strong, and Im suprised nobody is talking about Garbanzo, is he only in 10th grade? what is he, tico or catracho?

I dont think the game was the best ever or more exciting but it was def one of the best.

If it was the game of the "century" then Garbanzos scissors was the goal of the "century", you dont just go to a 4a state championship game and do an acrobatic goal like that, that was insane!

If you are worry about the game being too physical, well there is always basketball or baseball, but tennis or golf may be just perfect for you. Of course is going to get physical, this is a mens game, and this is a contact sport. Playing dirty is different from playing physical, but what you really need to do is to get stronger kids on the field. I saw the black kid taking hits and he never complained, why? bc he was prob the stronger player on the field.

I love all the hype but I think this predictable thing should stop, its about time to get high level on divisions and get rid of the crappy games of 10-0 and of the unreal perfect records, this isnt real in world soccer, it isnt real in life.

Get the best programs in the state and make d1,d2, d3 and all that, is it possible? Why would you want NW making another 23-0 run next year? Wouldnt be better to have the real deal teams all together?

I think they do that in a. football dont they? divisions in high schools would be so much better, Im not saying I didnt enjoy the game but HS is still nowhere near the club stage. A high school "premier" league is what we need to get the game to the next level.

Just my 2 cents.

Good job to all the people involved, good show, everything was well organized.

Club of the century.
L
bench
bench
L
Quote:

Refs take a class on angles, and if that's your excuse for all of this ref's pathetic calls, he slept through that course. How about the one where the Irmo player got jumped on and brought to the ground by the Irmo sideline, and Northwestern got the free kick awarded to them!?! The ref also missed several other yellow or potentially red cards. Most were in favor of Northwestern (yes, obviously I'm an Irmo fan and pretty bias), and a few were in favor of Irmo, but the refs were altogether pretty bad, especially when they had six of them on the field and one in the box working on the scoreboard. In the ref's defense, though, everyone has a bad game every once in a while.

The high school league has NEVER given a class on angles. The HS referees are lucky to get a lecture from the director, then they take a written test, and then they are qualified to referee. I think the HS league needs to do a better job of training in all sports.

Now if you are a USSF certified referee and attend the sessions offered, that's another story, but what referee has time to attend ALL training sessions?

goal kick
goal kick
haven't heard from pinger in a while

By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail.
goal
goal
Why did Irmo change goalkeepers at halftime?

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
R
kick off
kick off
R
I got to the game right at the Half time interval and what I saw was NW completely dominating the game. Who really cares about the push on Acree? that was the only time "IRMO" got into the box other than the stupid throw-in. "IRMO" was made up to be something they were not this whole year. They werent challenged until they went to WANDO and were lucky to pull off a win down there. NW on the other hand..PERFECT.. That 2nd half was killer. Garbanzo did well to say the least. Better team won! That's my oppinion

S
SCM Offline
bench
bench
S
ABC Columbia Sports
Source: www.wolo.com
Joomla! - the dynamic portal engine and content management system

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard