Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
throw in
throw in
Soccer101 your argument is ridiculous! Just because Airport got hot and won a few games in the end doesn't entitle them to anything. Since AC Flora beat you should they be in the top 5 in the state? Also it looks to me that Brookland Cayce has 3 results better than you and one less loss. Be happy with your ranking and do the talking on the field next year.

Yeah!! HAHA
L
kick off
kick off
L
Results????

let's look at strength of schedule with your wins Young Jeezy (Freaky Zeaky). Eau Claire? Clinton? Wilson? Covenant Central?

What about your loss to Dreher? At least AHS can say they are the only team to beat the 3A State Champions.

The talking will be done on the field, in the end it'll be you talking on the message boards hiding behind a screen name.

Last edited by letmetellya; 05/28/09 02:03 AM.
bench
bench
I honestly don't see a point to any of this arguing. The season is over. Get your squads ready and prepare for next season. Only then can we tell who should be ranked where.

M
bench
bench
M
To be honest I don't even know why I'm bothering with this because I don’t really care, but it seems to me maybe an outside perspective is needed...
BC's opponents record was 214-150-4 and finished with a record of 15-9-2. Airport’s opponents were 190-152-7 and finished 14-10-0. So losses are pretty much the same, and so are the draws. The 24 in difference could be attributed to BC because of the Palmetto cup teams they faced, but nope, just checked those have 0-0 beside them so they don't count except for a good 14 win Walhalla team. But just so we know BC played Norman North, Farragut, and Bob Jones and lost to all three but just looking to add to the opponents’ column. NN went 14-2 in Oklahoma and lost in the QF. Farragut finished 22-2-2 and won the Tennessee State Title. Bob Jones from Alabama finished 18-6-1.

Also, I see that BC played and lost I might add to the 2a State Champions of BE. They also played a 18 win team of Gilbert, 14 (A.C. Flora), 20 (South Aiken), 14 (Batesburg-Leesville), 16 (Covenant Central), 14 (Walhalla),13 (Wilson), 19 (North Myrtle Beach) and a 14 (Airport). Against these teams regardless of how good you think they are, they went 7-6.

Airport on the other hand played a 11 win Aiken, 15 (White Knoll), 14 (A.C. Flora), 14 (Thomas Sumter), 20 (South Aiken), 15 (BC), 15 (Chapin), 11 (Ridge View), 18 (Fort Mill), and 12 (Blythewood). Against the teams (again no matter how good you think they are), Airport went 4-10.

Now for the “cup cakes” (for the sake of argument any team that is 10 wins and under): BC played James Island, Fort Dorchester, Dreher (2), Sumter, Swansea (2), Clinton, Eau Claire, and Stall. Airport played RNE, Dreher, Swansea, Heathwood Hall, LE, HHI, and St. James. BC played 10 games against these 8 opponents 7-1-2. Airport played 9 games against these 7 teams and went 9-0. Not that much difference really but I’ll give the edge to Airport.

Again, I don’t really care how it ended but I have seen this go from thread to thread and I figured that I would get in on the action. In closing I think both these teams are where they need to be, right next to each other. Personally, having been to all three matches between the two of them and enjoying myself, I’m hoping this will just make the two go that much harder next season. Sorry for the long post…apparently I do care!

It's all a moo point... yeah like a cow's opinion, it just doesn't matter. It's Moo
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Quote:

Results????

let's look at strength of schedule with your wins Young Jeezy (Freaky Zeaky). Eau Claire? Clinton? Wilson? Covenant Central?

What about your loss to Dreher? At least AHS can say they are the only team to beat the 3A State Champions.

The talking will be done on the field, in the end it'll be you talking on the message boards hiding behind a screen name.

Well said letmetellya. You guys are fighting like a bunch of little girls in a sandbox. Keep it up!

As for B-C and Airport, who cares? South Aiken is the region and state champion - eat it!

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
B
corner kick
corner kick
B
I think what is starting to get me is that I don't see Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach and Socastee or Bluffton and Hilton Head bickering back and forth like this. Region V proved to be a strong region in the playoffs - don't ruin what the region proved with all this which in the end doesn't matter much anyway. South Aiken won state and neither BC/ Airport were quite top 5 material. While I admire the passion this rivalry seems to have it's time for both sides to get over it and move on - you are starting to make your programs look bad bickering over spots 7 and 8!

Oh and one last thing - The State Newspaper has published their Top 10 Team Accomplishments for 2008-09. Sorry to inform you, while Dutch Fork Golf and Heathwood Hall Girls Track made the list, neither of you did!

The State Top 10 Team Accomplishments 2008 - 2009

goal
goal
Agree with BLS! I did see Irmo boys soccer made the list.

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
S
Brace
Brace
S
agreed, let's leave this one alone. Both teams had excellent seasons.

M
ManU Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
The reason why anything was said was because i felt that the seniors deserved a better ranking to leave on after an incredible ending to the season.

M
bench
bench
M
Well don't forget, most teams have seniors and everyone wants to be recognized a little higher. Since this has probably been the best (by record) team that Airport has ever fielded, that should be enough. Your program hasn't much to brag about in the past but definately has changed this season. A win against BC, a win against the State Champions South Aiken, and a finalist for the Lower State. Don't get caught up with rankings, your seniors should be proud for what they have accomplished regardless.

It's all a moo point... yeah like a cow's opinion, it just doesn't matter. It's Moo
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard