Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
throw in
throw in
I'm not trying to take anyone's side in this, but on the issue of Soccerboy mentioning Chicago...it would be distasteful to bring up Chicago if we were just discussing Garbanzo in the SC setting, but this is talking about him being the NATIONAL player of the week...and the nation does include Chicago. Once you start talking about players on the national level, you can't expect people to stick to discussing South Carolina.

Last edited by mechie15; 05/29/09 01:15 PM.
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
northwestern is not just the spring national champion, chicago boy (emphasis on boy). according to the espn rising article northwestern is the 2008-9 national champ. and as mechie said that does include mighty chicago and all those quality players and all those quality teams. that aint my opinion, that is espn's opinion. northwestern will play anybody any where any time. problem is other teams and schools dont feel the same. 24-0 doesnt lie, just cold hard truth. northwestern IS THE national champion. nuff said

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Did someone call?

corner kick
corner kick
whats all this chicago thing?

i played with a former chicago sockers player up in palos verdes california, the kid was alrite, he was not as good as he though he was, he was just tall (about 6 4") but not that great. half italian, all he did was to talk about his national camp invitations and stuff, and he was so proud of being half italian, i though why isnt he playing in italy if he is so good?

if anything lets talk florida, texas or cali. who plays soccer in chicago anyway?

Club of the century.
goal
goal
Soccerboy, your comparisons to Northwesten and teams in Chicago are irrelevant. Please stop. You are digging yourself a hole my friend.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

Did someone call?

go back to sleep. sorry i woke you.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Okay..Thought I heard my name..While I'm here..Go Ricky!!

throw in
throw in
From what I've heard I thought Maryland has quite good soccer programs. High school and college level. Wasn't Maryland national champs last year and year before too?

squanc Offline OP
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Quote:

Just stating a fact...here is what I just heard get spewed from your mouth....I really don't have anything to say, whine, whine, whine, complain, complain, complain.....I graduated from Irmo, but realize that large metropolitan areas tend to have overall better quality soccer than smaller states. Just a fact, it is based on population, when you have a larger pool of players to choose from, you get better talent. Don't get all defensive, it is ok. NW may be #1 in the spring boys season, and good for them. But let them have to play the "big boys" teams week in and week out, and you would probably sustain a loss. Don't get all emotional and start name calling again, I was just stating my opinion.

im not whining or complaing i have nothing to whine or complain about the team i pull for is national champs.. and check my post didn't call you one name.. hey you maybe right i dont pay attention to Chicago soccer and i dont really care about them they may be as good as you say they are but if you think Northwestern is overrated and cant handle the "big boy" schools imagine Irmo against those teams.. do they have a mercy rule out there cause shmirmo would need it!

throw in
throw in
Quote:

imagine Irmo against those teams.. do they have a mercy rule out there cause shmirmo would need it!

SQUANC... why all the hostility toward Irmo? They weren't even part of this conversation. Just trying to figure out why you're attacking them.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard