Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
offsides #123639 05/31/09 01:02 PM
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Good question. I didn't see anyone at NW who deserved all region, let alone all state. The process as I understand it is weird. All region too.

All region....your team gets X players based on where you finished. Your coach then picks whoever he/she feels like.

As opposed to coaches nominating players....and then the region coaches picking from the pool.

C
Goal
Goal
C
BD

I would like to thank you for your imput on Girls Region and State selections. As Region 3 girls coordinator, I can assure you that 4 out of the 6 region coaches did meet to select a region team. I am not involved with the boys selections so I can not say what process they used. Yourself as a Nation Ford JV BOYS coach, should probably only comment on things you know about, the JV BOYS !

Thanks again

World Cup
World Cup
Cantona, you're a classy guy and that was a classy response. I wouldn't expect a fellow coach to criticize a program like that, but you dealt with it well.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Not a very good response. I have a daughter who plays, so I'm not allowed an opinion?

"All region....your team gets X players based on where you finished. Your coach then picks whoever he/she feels like."

What part of that statement is incorrect? Pls tell us how it works?

Look, I didn't mean to offend. And I understand how someone (the girls family) could take offense at it. My apologies.

The point wasn't so much all region.....every team gets one players and as coach if you wanted to put her in...fine. But to put her on all state is an enormous reach and you know it. You really think she's one of the top 20 players in the state?

Rock Hill paper does an article on the top 3 girls players in the area......your girl wasn't there. Now one of those girls made all state. One of them quit HS soccer mid season, and one of them didn't make all state. Your girl did. The 3 girls in question are all playing D1 soccer (Kentucky, LSU, Davidson). Where is the NW girl playing?

Why so snippy?

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Cantona, you're a classy guy and that was a classy response. I wouldn't expect a fellow coach to criticize a program like that, but you dealt with it well.

What was wrong with what I asked? If I phrased it poorly, I apologize. But the intent of the question is fair.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
I'd like to apologize to NWHS and the player involved. I still feel the way I feel....but this isn't WFAN, nor are we discussing professional athletes. My choice of words was poor and didn't need to be shared in a public setting.

Sorry.

O
kick off
kick off
O
I did not mean any offense to the NWHS player either, but Cantona, you seem to have a major input for the state being the region rep and putting your own player over others more deserving is questionable.

World Cup
World Cup
Post deleted by Coach Young

O
kick off
kick off
O
Mu apologies to the girl, coach, and anyone else who deemed this post offensive. It was just an observation and a question of who deserves to be an all-state player. It was an opinion that I regret making about who I thought may have been deserving.

offsides #123648 06/25/09 01:29 AM
throw in
throw in
Anyone have info on the banquet this weekend? Has anyone ever attended one? Is it worthwhile?

Nothing is Impossible
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard