Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 28 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 27 28
M
throw in
throw in
M
Oh yeah, forgot this......
GO WANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then we'll have a fairly run tournament with a proper championship game instead of a faux champion.

E
bench
bench
E
Quote:

Quote:

"Farragut has to return to Knoxville, Tenn., mid-morning because the FHS Senior Prom is Saturday night."

I gathered that much.... Seeing as how it has been mention several times.... I get that there needs to be a championship game. I was just wondering if this was a possible exception to the rules before the tournament even began. I know it was never mention on these boards, but that doesn't really mean anything. I don't think it would be very fair for a team to lose their semi-final game, yet still win the championship, simply because the team that defeated them had to leave early. Would Farragut still get 3rd? That just doesn't seem right. In my opinion there isn't really a win win situation to come out of this, unless Farragut loses the semi-final game. If Farragut wins and gets the championship, the tournament get's the shaft. If Farragut wins and they don't get the championship, it could be seen that they get the shaft. Overall a lose lose imo.

You quoted the wrong part.

"This was agreed on by Wando and Farragut since they achieved the highest point totals."

Obviously the rules were changed, and it wasn't agreed on by anyone but the two schools.

I don't see how it would be a lose-lose. Farragut knew coming in that they couldn't win the tournament. However, they will move up in the national rankings due to their great performance. That should be enough.

I
kick off
kick off
I
Lets just put it this way, if you all want it to be like a tournament, then the winner of the other semi final should be crowned champion if Farragut defeats Wando. Farragut would just forfeit the championship game. Not the semi final. The loser of a semi final doesn't deserve a shot at the championship because they lost. Farragut would just become runner-up. That's the only way to do it fairly if Farragut beats Wando.

Last edited by ihavenofriendzz; 04/10/10 02:53 AM.
M
throw in
throw in
M
agreed

S
Brace
Brace
S
The only other way I could only see it is being NHS gets through, that way no semi finalists are effected. Farragut could have won and been given a consolation early in the am and NHS get through by means of placing 2nd in the group.

But as stated many times, the teams knew, the fans knew, it's not like director's didn't go over every scenario. Everyone was on the same page so it doesn't really matter what the rule is or not, in the end they thought this was best. It's a great tournament either way, all 4 semi finalists are solid and the championship will be great either way.

Last edited by soccer2103; 04/10/10 02:58 AM.
M
throw in
throw in
M
So rules don't matter? Isn't entry in the tournament a contract with the terms stated? If you bought a car for $25,000 and then after you signed the contract and took the car the dealer called and said you owed another $5000 would that be fair? And if you saw the speed limit posted at 55mph and you were doing 55mph but the officer stopped you and said "Sorry we just changed that speed limit to 45mph - here's your ticket" would you think that rule change was fair?

It has been a good tournament but that doesn't mean the rules should change because two teams and the director agree. They forgot to post the "director can change the rules at any time" rule.

corner kick
corner kick
Wando will win it all. they are doing brilliant work this year i think they will win the state championship also.

brace
brace
This path seems poorly thought out and stated. Easy thing to have said was Wando play Farragut if Farragut wins and then Wando wins the final then Wando can give the Championship to them it will be their choice. The other team if they beat Wando would be champion and Wando can send them the second place trophy. To say the winner of the first game is champ no matter what is to say that BE never even had a chance!?!? Farragut can be proud of how they played but they knew going in they were leaving before championship game so do they now think things should be changed for them?

You know the Patriots were never supposed to lose to the Giants but they still played the game.

Q
throw in
throw in
Q
Marta, did you personally ask your coach if he was asked about the rule change??

Because word on the street is that he was and Coach Khouri was happy to play Fort Mill because the Bishops will be playing Wando on Tuesday of the next week!!!

I really don't think any of this should matter...Wando wins in the morning they win the championship. They are number one after group play and would have beaten two of the three semifinalists. Farragut wins, well hell they beat the number 6 team in the nation; Norman North, the number 8 team Northwestern and whatever the ranking may be for Wando. This was the best scenario and stop complaining because you don't get a free pass to the final like you receive every year in 2A

p.s. Thank GOD the CUP is during holy week next year!!!

U
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
U
Scenario #1: Wando Wins Semis, Then winner of Final is Champion.

Scenario #2: Farragut wins, Wando wins Final: Farragut Champion.

Scenario #3: Farragut wins, Wando loses Final: Well, that's what we have these Public Debate Forums for!

Page 23 of 28 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard