Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 28 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
U
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
U
I also think it is VERY impressive the ENTIRE Farragut team is going to the Prom. Studs on and off the pitch! Lineup for Dancing With The Stars Season 35!

throw in
throw in
Quote:

It has been a good tournament but that doesn't mean the rules should change because two teams and the director agree. They forgot to post the "director can change the rules at any time" rule.

or should it say, "director can change the rules at any time with the consent of the other coaches" rule? Pretty sure I heard him talking to one of the coaches on the phone as he was walking towards the other side of the stadium. He said something to the effect that the coaches had to agree to it.

Where were you when all this was being hashed out? My guess, if you made the trip, probably at the hotel...sounds like you need a jump to conclusions mat!

Laces out DAN!!!
M
throw in
throw in
M
Wouldn't you be jumping to conclusions by making assumptions from overhearing one phone call? (and one-half of the conversation at that)

If all FOUR coaches agree that's great. Seems it would have been easy to state that on the post regarding the champion to dispel rumors and protect the tournament reputation.

Good luck to all the teams today.

Brace
Brace
To clarify:

If Wando loses to Farragut, but defeats the winner of the second semifinal in tonights closing match, Wando defers the championship to Farragut.

If Wando loses to Farragut, then loses to the winner of the BE/Fort Mill match, the winner and champion of the tournament is either Bishop England or Fort Mill.

All four coaches from the four semifinal participants were a part of the process. The decision to defer the championship to Farragut in the event that they defeated Wando and then won the championship match was between Wallie Culberth, head coach of Farragut, and Shilo Tisdale, head coach of Wando.

Update - Semifinal score: HT Wando 0-4 Farragut

Brace
Brace
PALMETTO CUP BROADCAST
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/palmetto-cup

Saturday, April 10
Brookland-Cayce High School
The Cage @ Cayce, SC

Semifinal #1

FT, Wando 0-4 Farragut (TN)
Goals: (F) Paul Neuefeind 24', 40'; Carlos Ramos 27'; Andrew Hale 40'.
Assists: Marshall Ishmael.
Shots: W 8-8 F.
Saves: (W) Teddy Well, 3; (F) Steven Matlock, 5.
Corner Kicks: W 2-3 F.
Offsides: W 0-0 F.
Fouls: W 6-12 F.
Cautions: Cody Newby, 48'; Kendrick Schuettler, 80'.
Ejections: none.
Officials: (R) John Tanverde; (AR) Alan Schechtman; (AR) Michael Shealy.
Weather: 48 Degrees, Clear, Breezy.
Records: W (14-1, 3-1-0 PC); F (9-0, 4-0-0 PC).

M
throw in
throw in
M
Thank you Mr. Easley for the clarification.

Sounds like Farragut is living up to their ranking...
at the half
Farragut 4
Wando 0

brace
brace
Thank you, for the information. This sounds like a very fair decision and we have to applaud the Wando coach and his team for the good sportsmanship.

Brace
Brace
PALMETTO CUP BROADCAST
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/palmetto-cup

Saturday, April 10
Brookland-Cayce High School
The Cage @ Cayce, SC

Semifinal #2

FT Ft. Mill 1-3 Bishop England
Goals: (BE) Ruslan Olbrych 8', Joseph Santos 25' (pen); Zach Epstein; (F) J.T. Mula 64'.
Assists: Brian Byrne, Olbrych.
Shots: F 6-9 BE.
Saves: (F) Tanner Landvik-Larsen, 1; (BE) Ross Rodgers, 0.
Corner Kicks: F 0-0 BE.
Offsides: F 1-4 BE.
Fouls: F 9-15 BE.
Cautions: none.
Ejections: none.
Officials: (R) Alan Schechtman; (AR) John Tanverde; (AR) Michael Shealy.
Weather: 61 Degrees, Clear.
Records: F (11-4, 2-4-0 PC); BE (10-3-3, 3-0-1 PC).

I
kick off
kick off
I
Anyone have final thoughts on Farragut? Were the fans(parents) that made the trip good sports? Were the players good sports? Final thoughts on the size, speed, skill, athleticism of the players? Just general overall thoughts of them?

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
I thought Farragut was the best team in the tournament. The parents that traveled with them rivaled in size to some of the in-state teams and like all us soccer fans celebrated the good and questioned some of the calls of the uniformed men. I also thought #16 did a great job owning the midfield and #6 did an excellent job on defense this weekend. I also thought I heard that they committed to the tournament before their prom was scheduled. In any event, they were a quality team, simple good soccer.

Page 24 of 28 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard