Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Quote:

It's called sarcacism smallsodaman..Didnt everyone who tried out for the Academy team make it? There is no team there is just a pool of players.. i think maybe they cut like 4 kids?? Haha..

My understanding is alot more than 4 kids were cut for the Academy team. With the talent on the U18 for Taylor to make the team shows he must be pretty good. I have heard however that several kids did opt to go directly to the Developmental Player roster that actually were offered spots on the Full Time roster. Guess I could see this on the U16 side but not the U 18 side. The U16's still have a year to decide if the Academy is really for them - so the Developmental Player option may be a good one for them. As far as not making ODP - do you know if Taylor even tried out? With the Academy becoming what it is now ODP will no longer be the measuring stick it once was.

R
kick off
kick off
R
Your right I think academy will be the new odp... And more of a measuring stick. I wish I could play for the academy but my playing days are over for club that is. Odp used to be the main thing to be measured on but now that academy is here that will make soccer in the u.s.a better I believe.... Congrats to lewis... I'm just ready to watch my boy alex tear it up in academy along with joey dennis and antoine. That's going to be un real.

corner kick
corner kick
OK, who are you and what have you done with rollingpurple?

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
S
throw in
throw in
S
I think the SC academy is the best players in the state,the team was chosen by four different workouts, so every kid had a fair chance to make the team or pool. Plus you had many different coaches who did the evaluations much different than ODP which mainly has one coach who picks the team. I think the way the academy does the try-out takes some of the politics out of the selection process and gives every player a fair shot.

R
kick off
kick off
R
I'm still here man.... I just dont feel like arguing about the lewis kid anymore. I had my thought on it so did u... Over with. Congrats to him! Soccer tennis-- that was a great post. The academy really is a great way of evaluating players and developing them.

Smallsodaman- what do u think about alex Martinez joey demare antoine partis tyler lewis Zach acre all playing together on one team?

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Smallsodaman- what do u think about alex Martinez joey demare antoine partis tyler lewis Zach acre all playing together on one team?

That about what Northwestern had this last year.

corner kick
corner kick
Lewis kid verbally commits to College of Charleston.

http://www.scsoccer.com/forum/showflat.p...true#Post125807

Quote:

Mark Achmed’s word; we will hear much about TL and BC next spring.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard