Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
CESA 92 Premier vs NTX

Wow! CESA 92 Premier just can't get a break this week. The first goal by NTX came after another stellar string of build-ups and attempts by CESA when NTX countered and a player made a cut to his right on the left side of the box where Lunceford lost his defensive footing and wasn't able to disrupt the shot which found the back of the net from roughly 12 yards out.

The second NTX goal came just 60 seconds before the half as CESA defender, D. Wolfinger, also lost his footing on the damp turf at just the wrong moment during a 1v1 resulting in a goal from inside the 18.

In the second half CESA made adjustments and moved to three up top with Burnikel, Burkeholder and Perez as they were trailing 2-0 at the halfway mark. This adjustment seemed to be paying dividends as it wasn't long before Lunceford played a 50 yard ball to a streaking Burkholder down the right side of the field. Burkholder saw the keeper come off of his line expecting a cross allowing him just enough space to place what must have been a five degree shot from the touch line and 20 plus yards out into the far corner of the goal. A very nice goal to pull CESA to within one.

CESA continued to battle for another goal with Burkholder (I think) striking the ball again only to find the back post. NTX mounted two very close chances during the second half, but lady luck would again fall on the side of NTX as a diagonal ball was served in from right to left striking a CESA defender resulting in a hand ball and subsequent PK for what ended up being a final score of 3-1 in favor of NTX.

The team left it all on the field this morning, but it apparently just wasn't meant to be. If the weather holds, their final match will be versus Region III rival GSA at 1:30 tomorrow.

Looking to turn the tables tomorrow. Best of luck boys!

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
Brace
Brace
Eleven minutes into the DSC 90 Green and East Fishkill Thunder match, DSC’s Ralph Lundy was on his way to a hat trick with goals in the 7th and 11th minutes. Dennis Moore netted another DSC goal in the 30th before Fishkill got on the boards with a 39th minute Jake Keegan goal. Lundy completed his hat trick in the 45th minute to bring the game to 4-1. After the half, DSC continued on a scoring spree when Moore netted his second in the 65th minute and teammate Enzo Martinez had back-to-back goals in the 70th and 77th minutes. Lundy finalized the 8-1 DSC win with his fourth goal of the game. DSC has secured their spot in the final.

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Way to go Discovery!!!!!!! Keep playing your hearts out!

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
So is Garbonza back for the next game?

F
kick off
kick off
F
My understanding is that it is a 2 game suspension for red card in Nationals.

U-18 Oregon goalkeeper got a red card in yesterday's game vs Javanon as well.

world cup
world cup
After big win, Mutiny set to play in national championship game
The (Rock Hill) Herald
July 24, 2009

http://www.heraldonline.com/news/sports/story/1494613.html

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
The effect of the USSF Academy league, the elite level for male youth soccer now, has been great on the State, Regional and National levels of this competition. While it is neat what this team is doing, it's not close to the same prize it once was with so many top players and teams absent.

A
bench
bench
A
Kickinit70--no offense, but it is still great for these players because this club is the elite in the state of South Carolina.

Which begs to questions...do you have knowledge of why South Carolina United (formerly Bridge FC) was chosen as the lone SC representative in the USSF Academy?

In my humble opinion, CESA or even the Discoveries club should have been competing. What was the politics behind this? Very interested in knowing.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
.....and anybody know if there is any truth to a rumor I heard that CESA is looking into the possibility of applying to the Academy next year?

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
My son is moving over into an Academy program this year...so
I'm a big proponent of it and see it as the absolute future for top level soccer.

However, lets not kid ourselves......this u18 Discoveries team is unbelievable and is at the highest level, Academy or not. I would venture to guess that they would be wearing out anyone they played in the USSF Academy program.

Academy just started......and I think for kids with birth years 92 and younger....for sure 93 and younger....nation wide the best teams and players are for the most part playing Academy. But with 90's and 91's I don't think thats the case. There are teams like Mutiny out there...or CESA 92.....who can compete with anyone.

CESA isn't doing Academy becasue CESA hasn't applied to play Academy. When they do, they will.

My guess is that day is coming......

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard