Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
world cup
world cup
94's Kevin Fielden played for Carolina Select (Tega Cay) and Fort Mill HS last season.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
M
brace
brace
M
Quote:

95 played Arkansas this morning: 5-0 win
SC ODP 95 Boys hold overs:
Andrew Eskinazi (MPSC), Erik Clark (CESA), Andrew Davis (MPSC?CESA), Tanner Eggers (CESA), Christian Calloway (CESA), Joseph Wichmann (MPSC).

This has been one of the very best years for SC with many players in pool play each night and 6 players held over. This team was placed in top flight for play in Tuscaloosa which is either a first or very unusual. They clearly proved SC has players to consider for the regional team.
Way to go SC 95 boys!!

Last year SC 92 ODP had 7 players held over with 5 ultimately being named to the region team as the 92's advanced to play in the region championship in New Orleans after going 3-0-0 in Alabama.

Outstanding performances for SC in the younger age groups. Well done!

92's leave in the morning for Alabama and their crack at the competition for their final year of ODP.

Wishing them well!

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
C
Goal
Goal
C
Quote:

Andrew Eskinazi (MPSC), Erik Clark (CESA), Andrew Davis (MPSC?CESA), Tanner Eggers (CESA), Christian Calloway (CESA), Joseph Wichmann (MPSC).

Andrew Davis = MPSC

corner kick
corner kick
Hearing the 94's maybe going to New Orleans. Anyone else hear that?

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
M
brace
brace
M
Quote:

Hearing the 94's maybe going to New Orleans. Anyone else hear that?

That would be very cool and would be back to back region championship appearances for SC. If so, I hope coach Okpodu will be able to join them.

Last year he missed the championship games because of a coaching course conflict. I know he wanted to be with the boys and will want to make this trip, if possible.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Really starting to wonder what effect the USSF Academy is having on the Texas and Florida ODP teams. In years past they were almost unbeatable. I know South Carolina United will be our states only Academy team but I suspect Texas and Florida have several teams that are diluting there odp pool.

M
brace
brace
M
Quote:

Really starting to wonder what effect the USSF Academy is having on the Texas and Florida ODP teams. In years past they were almost unbeatable. I know South Carolina United will be our states only Academy team but I suspect Texas and Florida have several teams that are diluting there odp pool.

No question there is an impact as the 92's have lost 4 players to the academy for this season, but based on what I've seen at the top levels of ODP and PL there is a huge amount of parity between the three programs. In the 92 age group for instance South Charlotte won their '09 USSF division and CESA 92 played them toe to toe each time during the '08 season.

Many of those players were NC ODP players and the same can be said for other states where players have stayed in USYS or moved to USSF where non USSF clubs have been competitive with USSF clubs. As of now, there is still exceptional talent in both programs at the top levels.

Speaking specifically about SC, I believe the success we're seeing within USYS really comes down to a renewed commitment by the player. Players are getting exceptional coaching at both Club and ODP levels and they're determined to improve each time they step on the pitch. A mindset that anything less is unacceptable appears to be taking shape.

I also predict SC United will take their formerly successful USYS 92 and 91 ODP and Club players and make a significant mark within USSF which I believe will validate what I'm saying about the talent at the top level of each program.

The game has changed and continues to do so for the better in South Carolina.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

This has been one of the very best years for SC with many players in pool play each night and 6 players held over. This team was placed in top flight for play in Tuscaloosa which is either a first or very unusual. They clearly proved SC has players to consider for the regional team.
Way to go SC 95 boys!!

Pretty impressive that the 95's had both keepers chosen (Eggers and Wichman).

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
I agree we are making progress in SC. You need look no further than the results from the Cesa 92's and Discoveries 91 in Dallas several weeks ago. I guess what is making me scratch my head a little with some of these odp results with Texas and Florida is that if you go back to some SCSOCCER odp threads from maybe 2 years ago all the discussion was how we can compete with most states except Texas and Florida. The reason people gave most often was because of the population disparity. I guess I find it hard to believe we got that much better in 2 short years without some explanation like these 2 states maybe having gone heavy towards Academy.

P
kick off
kick off
P
Andrew Davis is listed on CESA roster for th 94s.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard