Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 27 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 26 27
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Nope. Sorry to seem to be doing the point counter point thing but you're wrong with your assumptions.

Average CESA R3PL team will play around 11 games with a trip to FL and a trip to Savannah. Maybe another trip to ATL and maybe 1 to Charlotte.

Will also play their own tournament and a SHowcase in the Fall. Say 7 additional games.

State Cup is 3 games

Disney in Orlando is 3-4 games. We're at 24-25 games by the end of Dec.

Then in the Spring the teams will play 3-5 Showcases....Atlanta, Kentucky, Ohio, etc. Throw in at least another dozen or so games.

Not counting scrimmages or friendlies.....35-40 games. Then regionals....now we're pushing 40 games, maybe more.

Then nationals. Maybe National League.

Sorry....same games, same money, same requirements for time and training.

The only thing that is different is the level of play. CESA is now starting to miss out on playing the best teams. They still play good teams.....but not the best.

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Of course the Spring thing is a CESA thing not all R3PL teams choose to do Kentucky and Ohio in particular. I'm sure some do Spring tournaments a little closer to home and not quite as many. Same with Nationals - few SC R3PL teams have been as good as the DSC 90's, CESA 92's or CUFC 91's. So not every one can count those. So for your average SC R3PL team you can probably cut back maybe 10 games or so.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
The comparison wasn't the typical SC R3PL team. It was the typical CESA R3PL team.......

Versus an Academy schedule, there is little to no difference. The CESA schedule may be busier.....

I think this started when Belligerent asked why anyone would drive past an Academy location to go to CESA and you responded with not everyone wanting to go whole hog on soccer, relative to time and money.

Obviously I'm paraphrasing.

This thread has gone on too long and taken to many tangents. Sorry for my part in it....

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
I agree - we are way off the original thread discussion - but I have enjoyed the dialogue with someone who has lived both sides - CESA R3PL team as well as an Academy team(and a different Academy view than a SC United player/parent). Thanks for the insight.

R
throw in
throw in
R
Bear,
Sorry to step on your toes. I know you put a lot of work in those first couple of years, but I don't really need the history lesson.Bridge won a few titles but I will stand by my point that if you look at the body of work they never really competed. And if you look past that first year or so you see where they really started to slide. I guess there must have been some reasons why people left down there, and how at the end it was a sinking ship. It was a blessing Clark, Tripp, and Phil bumper in to each other.

R
throw in
throw in
R
Belligerent,
We finally agree on something. I too don't like it when people make their club out to be something it is not. I think most people around the state know what CESA is and isn't. If not, why the constant input on this board.

B
goal
goal
B
Raekwon,

You obviously have me at a disadvantage. I guess I could have changed my login along the way also to keep a veil of anonymity. Didn't step on my toes at all. You're statement just wasn't factually correct, primarily because of the word never. If you had said sustained or something along those lines I could agree, and probably wouldn't have responded at all.

J
bench
bench
J
If the SCUFC Academy U16 team played teh CESA U17's im pretty sure SCUFC woul win

R
throw in
throw in
R
Bear,
Lack of clarity on my part then, but do let me be clear here. In no way was this a back handed compliment. I am sure you served Bridge well.

R
throw in
throw in
R
jpb- you're mixing your fruit. just ask belligerent. how you like them apples.

Page 18 of 27 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard