Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 27 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

If the SCUFC Academy U16 team played teh CESA U17's im pretty sure SCUFC woul win

No chance.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

If the SCUFC Academy U16 team played teh CESA U17's im pretty sure SCUFC woul win

No chance.

That would be one heck of a game! I think it could go either way.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Raekwon - Is it true that the DOCs at CESA are making $75,000 per year plus the use of a RangeRover? I heard this in the fall and discounted the source, but geeeeeesssshhhhh, is there any credence to this?

If so, what are the other coaches pulling down in the club and at places like Columbia United FC and Bridge FA?

M
bench
bench
M
[quote)
Was the level of play good? Were the teams playing CESA able to lift their games? If so......then absolutely its a great sign of the overall tide rising.

But if the CESA teams played down to the level of their competition, then thats NOT a good thing.

In the case of the U18 Girl's game on Saturday....Cesa had to lift their level of play UP to MPSC 91 Elite Girls level.

Even though Cesa added 2 or 3 (this has since been corrected to one, sorry) D1 College players to their roster before playoffs, MPSC was/is the better team. Anyone that watched that game will tell you the same thing.

Without the addition of the D1 players, no way Cesa wins that game. I have more thoughts on recruiting college players for the purpose of winning State that I will post under another thread.

In the case of MPSC 91 Elite Girls Vs Cesa 91 Premier ....the better team to represent South Carolina did not win.

Congratulations to MPSC 91 Elite Girls for a great season. I've enjoyed watching you play and grow up over the years. Soccer friends are the best friends and I wish you the best always.

Karen Ferrara aka Mama K
Team Manager, MPSC 91 Elite Girls

Last edited by Mama_K; 12/16/09 07:23 PM.
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

....Even though Cesa added 2 or 3 D1 College players to their roster before playoffs....

They did the same thing at last years state cup with the 18 girls...brought players in from outside the state for a couple boys teams too.

Certainly not against the rules But, Certainly not in the spirit of the game either.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
R
throw in
throw in
R
Mama K: What are the names of those 2-3 players?

SOS: I don't know the specifics of DOC salaries. I think they really depend on the markets.

I don't know why we are discussing which team would win. The Academy is not concerned about results though I am somewhat confused with this assertion when Academy teams compete for positions to advance for championships. Can someone help me with this paradox?

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
"You would be hardpressed if you looked outside of soccer into the business world.....to find another model where creativity and innovation come from companies with an 89% market share."

Intel and Microsoft come to mind.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

[....Even though Cesa added 2 or 3 D1 College players to their roster before playoffs....

If the players were born after July 31 1991 they are U18 players for the 2009-1010 seasonal year. It doesn't matter whether they go to high school, college, or whatever. There are high school seniors playing on U17 teams all over the place. I don't see what difference it makes!

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
If players are brought in for state cup to help secure a win..How do the players feel that lost playing time to guest players because someone felt the squad was not strong enough to win? I don't know if this is true but if it is..That would be a shame.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

If players are brought in for state cup to help secure a win..How do the players feel that lost playing time to guest players because someone felt the squad was not strong enough to win? I don't know if this is true but if it is..That would be a shame.

It was my understanding, at least for the Sunday match, that CESA 91 Premier had only 13 players, one of which was a college player who served as a 2nd substitute.

Page 19 of 27 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard