Page 21 of 27 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 26 27
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Huh?

corner kick
corner kick
For the record my daughter is THE college player you talking about. End of story.

Tomorrow...is too late.
R
throw in
throw in
R
BD: You're way too smart for me, but did you say that the Academy does keep track of results and there is some sort of championship. Sorry for my obtuseness. All dem other words had confused me.

M
bench
bench
M
Quote:

For the record my daughter is THE college player you talking about. End of story.

I apologize for the # of college players on the team. Still not the point.

My original post was in response to a comment about cesa playing down to their opponents.

I stand by my post about recruiting college players as being unethical, unsportsmanlike, unfair and not in the spirit of the game. I've been sidetracked and will start another thread about recruiting college level players for the purpose of winning State. Hopefully, in the sense of fair play, this is not the end of story.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Yup. Results are tracked. There is an equivalent to Nationals. Round one in June in Greensboro for the top 40 teams in the country. Round two in CA a few weeks later for the top 8. I have no idea who won last year.

I don't think its that big a deal. Kind of like CASL Showcase where you play games and try to win....but no $6 trophy afterwards. No gotsoccer points for a win.

Sorry for the verbosity. Loved Hemingway growing up but could never emulate the simplicity of the old man.

Besides, don't believe anything I write anyway. Its all a sham......a vicious hoax.

hat-trick
hat-trick
I don't remember anyone complaining three years ago when Blakely Mattern played in the state cup after her freshmen season at South Carolina. Like the current situation, she was a CESA player before going to college and noone considered it "recruiting". I would think adding a player from another club like MPSC did with CSSC is more like "recruiting" than utilizing a player who previously played for the club. But both ways are perfectly legal and have been done regularly for quite a while.

throw in
throw in
I'm not sure this player was recruited by CESA, I may be mistaken but this player was a member of CESA U18 the previous year as my daughter played against her then.

Nothing is Impossible
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

I don't remember anyone complaining three years ago when Blakely Mattern played in the state cup after her freshmen season at South Carolina. Like the current situation, she was a CESA player before going to college and noone considered it "recruiting". I would think adding a player from another club like MPSC did with CSSC is more like "recruiting" than utilizing a player who previously played for the club.

Gotta agree with the little big dog on this one!

However, in either case...Still not in the spirit of the game!

Daddy Morabito, did "G" come back too or just yours?

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
goal
goal
Daddy, Raekwon is trying to see things only in black or white.

Raekwon, the Development Academy emphasizes development over winning or losing - I never said it was one or the other. But, I did suggest that you go check out the development website for yourself. You can continue to misquote and take out of context things I (and Big Daddy) say about the Academy, or you can stop wasting your time arguing about it and educate yourself.

Here is the link: http://www.ussoccer.com/Teams/Development-Academy/Academy.aspx

But seriously, as difficult a time as you are having understanding what it is the Academy (NOT just SC United & North Meck) is trying to do, what will you do if cesa becomes a member?

How do you feel about the possibility of them already having applied?

As much as you seem to disagree with the philosophy (that you haven't actually taken the time to know what it is), why don't you call Tormey or Hyslop and tell them you want nothing to do with it?

throw in
throw in
Spirit of the game?

Nothing is Impossible
Page 21 of 27 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard