Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Looking forward to the tournament, looking forward to seeing tonight's results. Weather should be perfect.

TBVC is the premier tournament for high school girls soccer in South Carolina, it might be the best in the nation. My only beef is that I wish we had three officials for all of these great matches.

Good luck to all the teams!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
3/4/10

Soccer's best converge for Viking Cup
Akilah Imani Nelson, The State

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Spring Valley 1 x North Augusta 0
Ridgeview 3 x Aiken 2
Brookland-Cayce 2 x Lexington 2 (BC advances to winner bracket on PK's)
Chapin 1 x Dreher 1 (Chapin advances to winner bracket on PK's)
Dorman 3 x Airport 0
Blythewood 1 x Dutch Fork 1 (Blythewood advances to winner bracket on PK's)

corner kick
corner kick
Anybody at the games tonight that can report on the condition of the fields???

That there is an RV Clark......
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Main field looked good, a couple of sanded areas, but we did not play on it-- the back field had a couple of beaches to play through, but was otherwise hard, dry, and fast but a bit bumpy as well.

Field at Blythewood is in pretty good shape-- a bit soft and worn in the goal area but in pretty good shape for the time of year- weather- and 8 teams using it.

tk

Tony King
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Good job getting past DF!

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
SV2, as it's called, is in AWFUL shape. I've seen middle school fields in better shape than that. I wonder what SV3 is like. I saw SV boys practicing on it when I got to the tournament. Hope it's in better shape. Got to give it to tournament directors though, no matter how SV team does, win or lose they don't have to play on SV2.

Goal
Goal
Got to give it to tournament directors though, no matter how SV team does, win or lose they don't have to play on SV2.

I have to say that goes as a 'perk' of doing all the work in hosting the tourney. I'm sure the 'tournament directors' were the ones lining the fields, taking days off to make sure the tournament is run properly, etc.

I too, saw SV2 and it's in not-so-good shape, but be thankful that Steve Lea and company work so hard to pull off this mammoth event. Kudos to SVHS!

The soccer folks cannot help that football, lacrosse, rugby, also have use of those fields! I look forward to another couple of great days at the Viking Cup!

Victory Starts Here!
U
throw in
throw in
U
Hey Mav's Soccer Dad. What time on Sunday is the Mauldin Trophy Presentation?

corner kick
corner kick
There is a lot of soccer to be played this weekend UncleBuck. I remember a few years back this big bad football team from The Big Ten, thought they had the national championship won and all they had to do was show up and collect the trophy. Turns out a little SEC team from Florida had something else on their mind. Thought you learned your lesson?
Mauldin plans on going down trying as hard as they can and not taking anything for granted.

Only time will tell
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard