Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
D
If your high school (insert sport here) team was ranked # 1 in the nation and had a chance to play the # 2 team in the nation, but had already 'used' its allotment of games. Would you be for or against a high school league ruling letting them play.

I can see both the positives or negatives of this situation.

I guess my biggest concern would be as a 'fan/coach' of a rival school, would you see it as them gaining an advantage over your team or others by playing an extra game. Or would you see no problem in this event happening.

There is of course a lot of variables, so lets say for arguments sake, it is not counted in any tie break procedure. If there is any conflict with another school in terms of records, then the win or loss does not count. It would almost be just for the sake of putting on a spectacle. Great exposure for SC high school sports. Lets say the game was played in a major SC arena/complex. Please vote in the poll and/or post our thoughts here.

Cheers
Dom

I would be for the game
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 02/17/10 06:18 PM
I would not be for the game
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 02/17/10 06:18 PM
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
why not just cancel a non-region game and add this exciting opportunity?

goal
goal
Quote:

why not just cancel a non-region game and add this exciting opportunity?

Agree! I'm sure another team would understand.

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
M
throw in
throw in
M
As Dom says that the team had already used its allotment of games then the opportunity would have araisen after games had been played already so no opportunity to cancel would be present.

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
If someone does understand, and would cancel I would say do that.

Even if you want to play all of your out of region games, and don't want to do this to someone I'm completly all for the game. This would be great exposure for SC sports, and prove we're not a walk over.

I also think it'd be a great experience for the players on both teams, and I can't think of any reason why the game shouldn't be played.

Brace
Brace
I would be against a rule change that comes by any means other than the process outlined in the consitution. Procedure is procedure. By-passing procedure sets a dangerous precedent.
Signed,
"Old Fuddy Duddy"

Last edited by Wayne; 02/17/10 07:35 PM.

The Weather Is Here. Wish You Were Beautiful.
world cup
world cup
Aren't the #1 and #2 teams in the nation going to meet in the South Carolina 4A state championship game in May anyway?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
brace
brace
The question is would we be in favor of a ruling of yes not what does the rule now state. All rules are meant to prevent certain situations, but there will always be reasonable exceptions that should be applied to every rule! Tell me why this rule should not have an exception in this case. A narrow and limited ruling can offer this.

Are you going to say that the precedent of allowing the #1 program to play the #2 program will have dire and unpredictable effects on the world of school sports? The concept is bring huge attention to schools and athletes in HS football do other sports and their athletes deserve less?

I
goal
goal
I
Quote:

Aren't the #1 and #2 teams in the nation going to meet in the South Carolina 4A state championship game in May anyway?

If you have been reading the other thread it is when Mauldin plays Dorman... all those elite players and all... No, just kidding... If a team is highly, highly, ranked they should hold a game open for such a chance, if not they should let them play. One extra game who cares, they alreay play 50 a year.

D
throw in
throw in
D
As a fan I would love to see it - even if #3 vs #5.

As a coach, my first thought went to an unfair advantage, however, it is also a risk as it could lead to injury and could potentially cost your team a shot in the state playoffs.

Overall, it brings exposure to the state in a sport that needs more exposure, so I would be for it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard