Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
R
Dreher “Pink Out” - March 16th
On Tuesday, March 16th, the Dreher Men’s Soccer teams will be hosting AC Flora in a “Pink Out” game. All proceeds will be donated to the Jimmy V Foundation for cancer research. Dreher Key Club members will be selling tickets and t-shirts. Balloons will be launched at half-time of the game honoring members of the Dreher community who are battling cancer: Dreher teacher, Elly Blacquiere; Dreher JV Soccer Coach, Michael Kleinfelder; Dreher graduate, Danny Kellogg; and Jill Rowell, the wife of former Dreher Varsity Soccer coach Richard Rowell. Spectators are encouraged to add the names of individuals to whom they wish to pay tribute. Please support this worthy cause. Contact Coach Michael Kleinfelder to make a contribution or to get involved.
---
Personally, thanks to the Dreher family for thinking of us during Jill's battle with AML. We've had many notes and emails from former players, parents, students and staff, and we feel very fortunate to have so many people sending positive energy our way. For those who want to follow our journey, we can be found at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jillrowell

Go Blue (or Pink in this case)!

S
Brace
Brace
S
This is awesome, great stuff Matt, Paul, and everyone else involved.

D
throw in
throw in
D
Thanks Rich for letting people know about this. I guess i was kinda slow about putting out the notice. Im really excited about this and hope its a big success

"Don't give up, Don't ever give up"
R
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
R
Quote:

Thanks Rich for letting people know about this. I guess i was kinda slow about putting out the notice. Im really excited about this and hope its a big success

No problem. Email me at rrowell@dsins.biz. My company would like to send in some sponsorship money.
I hope it's a big success.

Depending on Jill's situation, I might even come up for the match.

All the best!

D
throw in
throw in
D
So the shirt design is in. the orders need to be in at the latest thursday. we will have many extras at the game. The price is 15 a shirt. ALL PROCEEDS are going to JIMMY V foundation. This is a huge moment for our kids and myself. It hits the Dreher community very close. There will be a moment of silence and balloon release at the half time of the Varsity game. Please come support.

S
goal
goal
S
My hats are off to Dreher for starting this benefit. As both teams will be in the same region the next two years I would hope we could continue the tradition with this game. This game is always well attended and those fans have been rewarded with hard fought games.

Everyone has been touched by cancer in some way. Those is the throngs of this disease should take comfort in AC Flora's Cameron Wegrzyn whose dad is a 20 year survivor of Leukemia. This game is truely a community game!

Goal
Goal
Seems to be a very worthy endeavor in my backyard. I will definitely make plans to be there. In the meantime, you can find me on the new half-pipe at the Owens Field Skate Park!

50th for a reason!
S
goal
goal
S
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePXlkqkFH6s

Here is the link to Jimmy V's speech in 1993. It really doesn't feel like it has been that many years since he passed. I posted this because I actually found someone who had not seen this inspirational speech!

Come support a great cause Tuesday night at Memorial Stadium!

D
throw in
throw in
D
Thanks to all who came out and supported. We had a great turn out of the Pink Out game and hope to make it an Annual thing. We are still collecting money so its not known how much we raised... Stay posted

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
What happened in the game? 5-0 looked pretty one-sided!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard