Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Marta #130349 03/10/10 04:58 AM
G
bench
bench
G
Quote:

Bishop England doesn't get nervous. I give Waccamaw credit for a good game every year for Lower State. It's too bad the best two teams in 2A have to knock each other out for State. BE defense will continue to thwart Waccamaw. Nothing's changed.

Marta- You must be a new Bishop England supporter because I doubt someone who has been around the program for a while would be trying to draw more attention to the team. The Bishop England team has always been about proving it on the field, not on some anonymous message board. Your posts are giving other teams "bulletin board material" and honestly reflect poorly on the team as a whole.

While I am at it, I might as well comment about the BE game this weekend. As a BE supporter, I am disappointed to hear about what happened in the game against BC. I would hope the coaching staff at BE takes this seriously, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one..

One last thing- The weakest part of the BE team this year may be its defense. Remember, you lost an all-state defender and an all-state goalkeeper. To beat Waccamaw, BE will have to have a great game. Its the same thing every year. To say that BE isn't nervous is completely wrong. Being nervous is good- if you aren't nervous then you don't care.

gamer18 #130350 03/10/10 02:06 PM
M
throw in
throw in
M
I started my original post mainly to point out that the BE-BC game score was incorrect on the Viking Cup website. Bishop England has not had a voice on this board. Sorry you take offense to mine. In the past few years Waccamaw has sometimes been ranked ahead of BE despite marked differences in strength of schedule. Rankings determine field advantage in the end. While every team must prove itself on the field and not on a message board, lobbying apparently plays a part and it has already started.

The “bulletin board material” you refer to was already on here before I made my first post. I’m sure BE does not have the only player that’s ever gotten a yellow card for language. No one likes it and no one approves. If you look back at the posts you’ll note that there was some reasonable discussion of this issue that followed.

You may want to take a second look at the BE defense. We have an all-state defender, two all-region defenders, several premier and challenge players who have been playing since they were freshmen. These are the same players who have played the same Waccamaw offense for years in club and high school and won each time. If you re-read my posts you’ll see I complimented Waccamaw on being quality competition and in my opinion better than the upstate teams we’ve played in State. Compliments to an opponent “reflects poorly” on the team?

Finally, you have an interesting view of the word “nervous”. Webster’s defines nervous as “timid, apprehensive, uneasy, unsteady”. It was not a compliment. Is BE excited, pumped, focused and prepared? Yes. That’s why I said BE doesn’t get nervous. BOTH teams will have to bring their “A” game to win.

Thanks for being a BE supporter. It’s great soccer.

Marta #130351 03/10/10 02:27 PM
Brace
Brace
Quote:

We have an all-state defender, two all-region defenders, several premier and challenge players who have been playing since they were freshmen.

Hmmmmm ... all-region??? Ashley Ridge, Bishop England, Burke, Cane Bay, Garrett Tech, Woodland ... not to disrespect the other schools, but I'm sure BE could pretty much have an all-region player at each position in that region if allowed.

Talon #130352 03/10/10 02:37 PM
M
throw in
throw in
M
Maybe all-region wasn't a good example Talon. The point being that losing two players on defense is not going to make the BE defense fall apart. There are other good players to step up. The all-region defenders are also challenge players who have contributed greatly to the defense in the past few years(and defended the Waccamaw offense in club).

Marta #130353 03/10/10 03:03 PM
L
Goal
Goal
L
omg - someone please move BE soccer up to 3a where they belong.

Marta #130354 03/10/10 03:04 PM
bench
bench
Challenge=Pay more money for coaches to coach players not getting better

McLOVIN #130355 03/10/10 09:24 PM
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Excuse my ignorance and I'm sure someone has probably covered this in the past, but can someone tell me why BE plays 2A and not SCISA? Would SCISA not be more competitive?

T
TS Offline
goal kick
goal kick
T
I guess it is an option for private schools, there are a few in the upstate that also play in the SCHSL.

Hurst66 #130357 03/10/10 11:35 PM
brace
brace
Tonights FM vs Spartanburg game should give FM a chance to get things back on track after VC. Sburg always seems to play them very tough and with home field they will be looking to take FM!

G
bench
bench
G
The reason BE plays in 2A has more to do with enrollment than anything else. Bishop England's enrollment is around 800, which would make it the largest SCISA school by a pretty good amount. I think Porter-Gaud's K-12 enrollment is close to BE's 9-12 enrollment. While it may not be true every year for every sport, there is a good chance BE would win more championships every year than they currently do just based on the larger enrollment. It would be like Wando playing 2A. The best competition for BE, currently, is in the SCHSL. In the future this may change, though.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard