Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#6935 05/09/02 06:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the people that make these teams are people who stand out to coaches. it's not who they've heard of. the coaches voting on this get out there and watch teams play for the better of their team and when they see someone working hard and doing good stuff they find out who it is. i personally don't like hearing people say people shouldn't be on the team. i mean of course i don't know all of the players but i have seen at least half of the ones play that made 4a and i can tell you that every name up there is a fighter. not only do they put their whole self into the game they have skill and speed. ALL of the ones I've seen. Plus all the 4a guys are seniors, there's more years for the other guys but don't take away from what these people have earned, because they have earned it and it's obviously shown

#6936 05/10/02 03:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LE-Dude, It is simple, all you had to do was make the Georgetown coach join the association and go to the meeting and get envolved. If one of the players deserved it, he would have made it if the coach didn't have any conflicts!

#6937 05/10/02 03:02 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
?Join the association? Are you saying for your team to be considered for All-State you have to be a memember of the High School League board or whatever...that makes things even worse. How is that the whole state? If I understood what you said correctly that proves my point even more. That is not the whole state, if you want to make All-state you have to "Join the Association". That is so messed up. I know I didn't know you had to do this...so how many other teams out there do you think have All-state talent that don't know? So now..I'll change what I said before. If you are a memeber of "ASSOCIATION" then these are the ALL-STATE picks..but if you aren't then its just another list of good players on great teams with coachs that are a part of the "Association".

#6938 05/10/02 03:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To L-E Dude:
You make me tired!

#6939 05/11/02 04:15 AM
G
bench
bench
G
Your complaints about all-state shouldn't even be on this message board. Take them up with the coaches who didn't care enough about their players to even join the SCHSSL much, less attend the all-state selection meeting.

#6940 05/10/02 06:10 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
Why does everyone ignore what I say and then just tell me to shut up. What i'm trying to say is that some schools can't keep a coach long enough for "joining" anything to do any good. Our coach only gets paid $1500.. and now hes leaving after 2 years... He cares about our team but the school and district don't so we get no help. Which means only teams that have a reputation and schools that support them can get All-state members...which isn't right. Why should you have to join the association to have an oustanding player recognized? Go ahead and tell me to shut up again but no one has justified the way they select All-state yet. Its still a crock.

#6941 05/11/02 12:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd just like to say congrats to Jon Rooks and David Lovas (our Hungarian exchange student) for making the 1A All-State Team. Both of them are very skilled and creative players.

Also, watch for two sophomores, Lee Glass (our forty-plus yard throw-in expert) and Andrew Ballard (a deceptively tenacious and extremely fast defender) to be on the list in the coming years.

Sorry to break the trend of insults and whining...

#6942 05/11/02 02:23 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
I will say i'm glad Jonathan Parks the keeper from Gov. School was "selected" for All-state.

#6943 05/13/02 02:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont know his name, but that fast dude that plays on the right for northwestern should have made it. I think he is number 13. He burned everyone he played this year. Nice season boss player. Peace im outta here.

#6944 05/14/02 12:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with SOCCER PLAYER. Number 13 megged at least 10 people this year. He definitely should have made the team.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard