Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
bench
bench
E
Quote:

Wow, wow, wow. We're polar opposites.

Seeing the game played with high technique and interplay is what the game is about. Barcelonas and Arsenals of the world are soccer. It's your preference for tactics and lack of appreciation for technique that's a prime example of why Americans are SO far behind the rest of the world. They're blind to the beauty of the game. Thanks for showing everyone a cross section of thinking held by ALOT of American soccer fans.

Dunga has moved away from "beautiful soccer" and is adapting a more Mourinho approach. He'll probably win the World Cup with it too. Just like Mourinho wins wherever he goes (hasn't lost a home league game since he has been with Porto, won 4 or 5 straight leagues, about to win a CL with a 2nd team).

America being behind has nothing to do with not appreciating the beauty lol. More to do with the fact that our best athletes play football, basketball, and baseball over soccer. Other countries soccer is #1 and the rest far behind. Not to mention, other countries have outstanding youth programs, we don't. It has nothing to do with the approach to the game.

And Arsenal has had a ton of success trying to play attractive football, right?

B
kick off
kick off
B
Quote:

if barca doesnt win this game, they will be the biggest joke of the century.

terrible decision by the ref.

Real Madrid is the biggest joke of the century. haha! they need more money! Have fun being in second place.. again!!

corner kick
corner kick
is not like it was any different before, messi crap his pants any time he sees a brazilian defender.

the ronaldinho and magico gonzalez days are gone, the magic of street futbol is hard to find now days in the professional game.

cannavaro was the first defense to win fifa player of the year ever.

now, cambiasso could do it again.

to me, cambiasso, samuel and lucio should be nominated for fifa players of the year, julio cesar is almost as good as casillas, pique should be in the mix as well.

i always knew barca was overrated, i told my brother a long time ago that inters defense is the real deal.

we have albiol, garay and pepe, our defense is a joke even though we have the most fearfull ofense in the world.

i used to think puyol and pique were the 2 best cbs in the world but now samuel and lucio are somewhere in there too.

when you have players like cambiasso and eto on your team, you know you can beat anybody and that includes overrated barca and mickey mouse messi.

i used to hate mourinho bc of how he did beat monaco but hey, at the end, Inter is in the final, barca is not.

great defensive strategy by mourinho.

im going to repeat this for the 120303 time, messi is nowhere near ronaldinho, fat ronaldo or maradona, those players were from a different planet.

Club of the century.
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
EGU, I never said there weren't other factors, like a few you mentioned. But,not appreciating the technical side is a problem in this country, especially with the focus on, and development of, young players. If the coaches primarily concentrate on the athletic, Anglo player being a tactical robot to win games, then you better believe their is a lack of development in the technical speed of players and in the ability to improvise. I know our sport is way down the list but we still have enough going for us to be better. It's just our structure and ideals are too skewed.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
My Firend, Long time no post, glad you enjoyed the games!

Quote:

is not like it was any different before, messi crap his pants any time he sees a brazilian defender.

We’ve been over this, Maradonna does not utilize Messi the correct way, to put Argentina’s poor performance in WCQ down to just Messi, is being a little naïve. I’m sure he has scored against his fair share of Brazilian defenders over the years.

Quote:

the ronaldinho and magico gonzalez days are gone, the magic of street futbol is hard to find now days in the professional game.

I love the way Ronny et al plays but if its street futbol I want, then I will go to the streets, Falcao, commonly regarded as the best street player/futsal player struggled to make the transition to association play, and Robinho, who is the pro most likened to the street futbol culture player couldn’t cut the mustard at Real, Man city and is now at Santos. I respect Messi as much for his mental strength as well as physical skill. He gets kicked from pillar to post but doesn’t complain, gets up and gets on with it.

Quote:

This is technically true, and thoroughly deserved as well! Although Lothar Matthaus was the first ever winner of the award in 1991, and although was a midfielder by trade, he played as a new free roaming sweeper for Germany, Inter, Bayern Munich and Borussia Monchengladbach. Roberto Carlos was 2nd in 97 and Paulo Maldini also 2nd in 95, some could argue that it was a travesty Maldini never won the award, as he was the inspiration for a generation of flat out great defenders.

Quote:

Cambiasso is a defensive midfielder, not a defender, and there is no way he is in the company or Maldini or Cannavaro. I will wager money with you cambiasso does not win it!

Quote:

to me, cambiasso, samuel and lucio should be nominated for fifa players of the year, julio cesar is almost as good as casillas, pique should be in the mix as well.

I agree 100% with Lucio and could see Samuel, Cesar as well yes, GK of the year for sure. Pique? No way, Barcelona’s defense is so good because the other team never has the ball! If your going to give award to player on Barcelona give it to the whole team.

Quote:

i always knew barca was overrated, i told my brother a long time ago that inters defense is the real deal.

My word, you don’t half speak some twaddle! They got beat by 1 goal on aggregate in the European Champions league semi final to the best coached team in the world! I wanted Inter to win, but to say Barca is overrated is ridiculous! They are, among football/futbol/soccer aficionados probably the most highly regarded team in the world right now.

Quote:

we have albiol, garay and pepe, our defense is a joke even though we have the most fearfull ofense in the world.

Lyon didn’t seem to scared by that fearful offense!

Quote:

i used to think puyol and pique were the 2 best cbs in the world but now samuel and lucio are somewhere in there too.

Absolutely agree 100% They have been fantastic all season.

Quote:

when you have players like cambiasso and eto on your team, you know you can beat anybody and that includes overrated barca and mickey mouse messi.

Wow, I cant believe you just called Lionel Messi Micky Mouse! That is a classic, I couldn’t take a beach ball of Messi in a phone box let alone on the 120 x 80!!

Quote:

i used to hate mourinho bc of how he did beat monaco but hey, at the end, Inter is in the final, barca is not.

You hated him because he beat Monaco? That wasn’t a beating, that was a master class, as usual from the genius. Read his book, it is awesome and details the work ethic, passion and morals of the man.

Quote:

Of course, rumor is he watched the first leg of Chelsea Vs Inter 8 times to formulate his plan for the second leg. Hes a coaching genius.

Quote:

im going to repeat this for the 120303 time, messi is nowhere near ronaldinho, fat ronaldo or maradona, those players were from a different planet.

You do realize that Barcelona let Ronaldinho go, as him and Messi were going out partying too much, they had to choose between them, and decided to let samba man go. I think it was the right decision, not that it matters, but I would think the coaches at Barcelona know more than me and you.

Ronaldinho was the best player in the world, now it is Messi, Fat Ronaldo WAS a brilliant player, and one of, if not the best pure striker to play the game when he was fit. But don’t sell Messi short, he’s the best in the world right now, and at his age if he stays hungry (unlike Ronaldinho) and fit he will be the best player for a long time.

FYI - Lionel Messi (aged 22)

Spanish League (3): 2004–05, 2005–06, 2008–09
Spanish Cup: (1) 2008–09
Spanish Supercup (3): 2005, 2006, 2009
UEFA Champions League (2): 2005–06, 2008–09
UEFA Super Cup (1): 2009
FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2009

International:
FIFA U-20 World Cup (1): 2005
Olympic Gold Medal (1): 2008

Individual:
FIFA U-20 World Cup Top Scorer: 2005
FIFA U-20 World Cup Player of the Tournament: 2005
Copa América Young Player of the Tournament: 2007
U-21 European Footballer of the Year: 2007
FIFA World Player of the Year: 2009
FIFA Team of the Year: 2008, 2009
European Footballer of the Year: 2009
Onze d'Or: 2009
UEFA Champions League Player of the Year: 2008–2009
UEFA Champions League Forward of the Year: 2008–2009
UEFA Team of the Year: 2007–2008, 2008–2009
UEFA Champions League Top Scorer: 2008–2009
FIFPro World Player of the Year: 2008–09
FIFPro Special Young Player of the Year: 2006–2007, 2007–2008
FIFPro World Young Player of the Year: 2005–2006, 2006–2007, 2007–2008
FIFPro World XI: 2006–2007, 2007–2008, 2008–2009
Trofeo Alfredo Di Stéfano: 2008–2009
LFP Best Player: 2008–2009
LFP Best Striker: 2008–2009
World Soccer Player of the Year: 2009
World Soccer Young Player of the Year: 2005–2006, 2006–2007, 2007–2008
FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball: 2009
Toyota Award: 2009
Player of the Year of Argentina: 2005, 2007, 2009
Premio Don Balón (Best Foreign Player in La Liga): 2006–2007, 2008–2009
EFE Trophy (Best Ibero-American Player in La Liga): 2006–2007, 2008–2009

world cup
world cup
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Of course, rumor is he watched the first leg of Chelsea Vs Inter 8 times to formulate his plan for the second leg. Hes a coaching genius."

Dom, PLEASE! Don't coach your Trojans the way Jose coached Inter yesterday. He HAD to do it that way. You have too much creativity and fire power up top! Continue to turn those three guys loose!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Goal Kick
Goal Kick

Sam Allardyce told The Sun (London): "The 39th game is an absolute must. We have to make it work, get over the bureaucracy and look after our product. Every top country in Europe wants what we've got. Italy, Spain and Germany are jealous of us and the UEFA president Michel Platini cannot hide his jealousy. It's so important we stay ahead of everyone else and the 39th game will keep us there. Let's get it back on the agenda."

EPL rules!

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

My Firend, Long time no post, glad you enjoyed the games!

Quote:

We’ve been over this, Maradonna does not utilize Messi the correct way, to put Argentina’s poor performance in WCQ down to just Messi, is being a little naïve. I’m sure he has scored against his fair share of Brazilian defenders over the years.

Quote:

I love the way Ronny et al plays but if its street futbol I want, then I will go to the streets, Falcao, commonly regarded as the best street player/futsal player struggled to make the transition to association play, and Robinho, who is the pro most likened to the street futbol culture player couldn’t cut the mustard at Real, Man city and is now at Santos. I respect Messi as much for his mental strength as well as physical skill. He gets kicked from pillar to post but doesn’t complain, gets up and gets on with it.

Quote:

This is technically true, and thoroughly deserved as well! Although Lothar Matthaus was the first ever winner of the award in 1991, and although was a midfielder by trade, he played as a new free roaming sweeper for Germany, Inter, Bayern Munich and Borussia Monchengladbach. Roberto Carlos was 2nd in 97 and Paulo Maldini also 2nd in 95, some could argue that it was a travesty Maldini never won the award, as he was the inspiration for a generation of flat out great defenders.

Quote:

Cambiasso is a defensive midfielder, not a defender, and there is no way he is in the company or Maldini or Cannavaro. I will wager money with you cambiasso does not win it!

Quote:

I agree 100% with Lucio and could see Samuel, Cesar as well yes, GK of the year for sure. Pique? No way, Barcelona’s defense is so good because the other team never has the ball! If your going to give award to player on Barcelona give it to the whole team.

Quote:

My word, you don’t half speak some twaddle! They got beat by 1 goal on aggregate in the European Champions league semi final to the best coached team in the world! I wanted Inter to win, but to say Barca is overrated is ridiculous! They are, among football/futbol/soccer aficionados probably the most highly regarded team in the world right now.

Quote:

Lyon didn’t seem to scared by that fearful offense!

Quote:

Absolutely agree 100% They have been fantastic all season.

Quote:

Wow, I cant believe you just called Lionel Messi Micky Mouse! That is a classic, I couldn’t take a beach ball of Messi in a phone box let alone on the 120 x 80!!

Quote:

You hated him because he beat Monaco? That wasn’t a beating, that was a master class, as usual from the genius. Read his book, it is awesome and details the work ethic, passion and morals of the man.

Quote:

Of course, rumor is he watched the first leg of Chelsea Vs Inter 8 times to formulate his plan for the second leg. Hes a coaching genius.

Quote:

You do realize that Barcelona let Ronaldinho go, as him and Messi were going out partying too much, they had to choose between them, and decided to let samba man go. I think it was the right decision, not that it matters, but I would think the coaches at Barcelona know more than me and you.

Ronaldinho was the best player in the world, now it is Messi, Fat Ronaldo WAS a brilliant player, and one of, if not the best pure striker to play the game when he was fit. But don’t sell Messi short, he’s the best in the world right now, and at his age if he stays hungry (unlike Ronaldinho) and fit he will be the best player for a long time.

FYI - Lionel Messi (aged 22)

Spanish League (3): 2004–05, 2005–06, 2008–09
Spanish Cup: (1) 2008–09
Spanish Supercup (3): 2005, 2006, 2009
UEFA Champions League (2): 2005–06, 2008–09
UEFA Super Cup (1): 2009
FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2009

International:
FIFA U-20 World Cup (1): 2005
Olympic Gold Medal (1): 2008

Individual:
FIFA U-20 World Cup Top Scorer: 2005
FIFA U-20 World Cup Player of the Tournament: 2005
Copa América Young Player of the Tournament: 2007
U-21 European Footballer of the Year: 2007
FIFA World Player of the Year: 2009
FIFA Team of the Year: 2008, 2009
European Footballer of the Year: 2009
Onze d'Or: 2009
UEFA Champions League Player of the Year: 2008–2009
UEFA Champions League Forward of the Year: 2008–2009
UEFA Team of the Year: 2007–2008, 2008–2009
UEFA Champions League Top Scorer: 2008–2009
FIFPro World Player of the Year: 2008–09
FIFPro Special Young Player of the Year: 2006–2007, 2007–2008
FIFPro World Young Player of the Year: 2005–2006, 2006–2007, 2007–2008
FIFPro World XI: 2006–2007, 2007–2008, 2008–2009
Trofeo Alfredo Di Stéfano: 2008–2009
LFP Best Player: 2008–2009
LFP Best Striker: 2008–2009
World Soccer Player of the Year: 2009
World Soccer Young Player of the Year: 2005–2006, 2006–2007, 2007–2008
FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball: 2009
Toyota Award: 2009
Player of the Year of Argentina: 2005, 2007, 2009
Premio Don Balón (Best Foreign Player in La Liga): 2006–2007, 2008–2009
EFE Trophy (Best Ibero-American Player in La Liga): 2006–2007, 2008–2009

lets go for parts.

1. Pelligrini isnt a great coach, he is not a magician as well. Madrid moved about 70% of the starting line up this season.

but the big problem, our defense is weak.

2. Messi still needs to prove he can win something by himself, he won everything with Ronaldinho and Eto, by himself he hasnt win anything even though he still has Pique, Puyol and Xavy which should be enought for him to win another champions league. Messi is no there yet, Kaka at Milan and Ronaldo at ManU were a lot more dominant. Kobe already won it withough Shaq, Messi needs to do the same thing.

3. Guardiola helped Mourinho by having Busquet in the middle, Busquet is young and good but Cambiasso is class. Busquet simply was outplayed by the class of Cambiasso, and Xavy dissapeared in the first leg, of course Cambiasso took over and Barca was done.

4. Mourinhos best move was to bring Lucio in, Inters defense is demolishing, Motta, Materazzi, see Inter has it all.

5. I still hate the Monaco win, a team have to be able to attack and propose something instead of putting 11 defenders, but at the end, a win is a win.

6. Barcas worse move was letting Eto go, Ibra is just not as good, fancy but not as good as Eto.

7. Ronaldinho was stronger, faster, and way more creative and dominant than Messi. Maradona was the master of the left foot, Messi would never score free kicks like Maradona did. Fat Ronaldo didnt even have to shoot, he could dribble the whole team not just with his footwork but his speed.

8. Messi didnt just failed with Maradona, he failed under Guardiola too, he is the best right now but not legendary, not yet!

9. Guardiola made too many mistakes, Toure would have been a great battle for Cambiasso, then we wouldve had 2 heavy weights going at each other in the middle, but Pep puts Busquet to battle a dinasour hahaha you give up the middle, you give up the game. It was all cambiasso.

10. Last but not least, Messi will choke again in the world cup, he is just not that good.

I almost forgot, Mourinho is on his way to be a Galactico ; ) Madrid and Mourinho were made for each other haha

Club of the century.
corner kick
corner kick
Longest post of the century goes to you!!!!! ^^^^^^^

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Quote:

Pelligrini isnt a great coach, he is not a magician as well. Madrid moved about 70% of the starting line up this season.
but the big problem, our defense is weak.

Ronaldo (non fat one) seems to disagree from Soccernet (http://tinyurl.com/2e3d3vu):

Quote:

Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has praised manager Manuel Pellegrini, claiming that he hopes the Chilean will stay at the club for another two to three seasons.
Ronaldo had been in the news of late discussing the managerial position at the Bernabeu, with Jose Mourinho and Fabio Capello firmly in the frame to replace Pellegrini if Real do not overcome Barcelona to win the Spanish league.
However, the £80 million midfielder maintained that it was a coach's approach to the beautiful game that wins him over, not their status.
"I am going to be sincere," Ronaldo told AS. "I like coaches with winning mentalities, but it is with Pellegrini that I find myself most happy. I hope he stays for two or three more years. The other coaches do not concern me."
Ronaldo also said that he was still confident of Los Merengues winning the La Liga title.
"We have gotten better over the past two weeks and everything is possible. We are only one point off the leaders,'' he said. ''I am confident that we will win our last five matches and be proclaimed champions. We are focused and our priority is to win. If we do, we will celebrate very well."
Ronaldo also shot down the notion that he only plays for himself, having come in for some criticism since making the move to the Bernabeu this summer.
"For me, the most important thing of all is the team, although I respect every person,'' he said. ''The individual aspects are secondary. If the team wins, I am happy."

Quote:

Messi still needs to prove he can win something by himself, he won everything with Ronaldinho and Eto, by himself he hasnt win anything even though he still has Pique, Puyol and Xavy which should be enought for him to win another champions league. Messi is no there yet, Kaka at Milan and Ronaldo at ManU were a lot more dominant. Kobe already won it withough Shaq, Messi needs to do the same thing.

Hang on, you are contradicting yourself here, you say Messi needs to win something by his own, but he has all those other players you listed? So is it or is it not a team game? Ive seen Messi win loads of games for Barca, but never seen him lose a game for them. Ronaldinho, hasn’t done anything without Messi, not the other way round, tells you all you need to know. Etoo is not even the best striker at Inter, that goes to Milito.

Quote:

Guardiola helped Mourinho by having Busquet in the middle, Busquet is young and good but Cambiasso is class. Busquet simply was outplayed by the class of Cambiasso, and Xavy dissapeared in the first leg, of course Cambiasso took over and Barca was done.

I think your on to something here, but isn’t that the nature of the beast, that there is a winner and loser, is pep super human? He has been perfect up until that game for Barca in nearly 2 years. Give him a break!

Quote:

Mourinhos best move was to bring Lucio in, Inters defense is demolishing, Motta, Materazzi, see Inter has it all.

Again agree 100% about Lucio, hes been immense, Motta has been great too, but Materrazzi is a has been, played 521 mins in serie A this year, Viera, who has been playing for Man City for 3 months, has 679 minutes, so that is that.

Quote:

I still hate the Monaco win, a team have to be able to attack and propose something instead of putting 11 defenders, but at the end, a win is a win.

You answered your own question with "But, a win is a win"

Quote:

Barcas worse move was letting Eto go, Ibra is just not as good, fancy but not as good as Eto.

I would agree the deal strongly favored Inter with the cash plus player deal, but I don’t rate Etoo that highly, I don’t rate Ibra that highly either.

Quote:

Ronaldinho was stronger, faster, and way more creative and dominant than Messi. Maradona was the master of the left foot, Messi would never score free kicks like Maradona did. Fat Ronaldo didnt even have to shoot, he could dribble the whole team not just with his footwork but his speed.

I agree with everything you say, but you say it like Messi is a pubs league player!
Messi is at the same level as those guys now, maybe a little behind Maradonna but hes 22, he will get better unlike Ronaldinho who is now the complete opposite of everything you mentioned about him in the first line.

Quote:

Messi didnt just failed with Maradona, he failed under Guardiola too, he is the best right now but not legendary, not yet!

How did he fail with Guardiola! 5 titles last year and re read his achievements under pep, YOU JUST SAID HE WAS THE BEST RIGHT NOW!!! Thank you for finally admitting it, you feel better now don’t you, go on admit it

Quote:

Guardiola made too many mistakes, Toure would have been a great battle for Cambiasso, then we wouldve had 2 heavy weights going at each other in the middle, but Pep puts Busquet to battle a dinasour hahaha you give up the middle, you give up the game. It was all cambiasso.

Cant argue with that.

Quote:

Last but not least, Messi will choke again in the world cup, he is just not that good.

We will see my friend, but now we have it in black and green, you better hope not!

Quote:

I almost forgot, Mourinho is on his way to be a Galactico ; ) Madrid and Mourinho were made for each other haha.

Never, Madrid is a circus, Jose doesn’t need that headache, hes the best, and Madrid are not. No Champions league for years! He will go to England next. Liverpool maybe if they get the Arab money behind them.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard