Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
sandman Offline OP
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Quote:

So, what makes American soccer referees such delicate flowers, as distinguished from their European brethren and American football, baseball and basketball officials?

its nice to preserve some proper perspective as long as we can, especially in the kids game.

H
goal
goal
H
My question has nothing to do with perspective. I readily acknowledge that obnoxiousness is, well, obnoxious. I'm just curious about why it is that some think that soccer matches ought to have a decorum more akin to a tennis match than a baseball or basketball game. I find that interesting.

A
throw in
throw in
A
Good point Happy Daddy. The enviornment in soccer is quite benign compared to other "American" sports. I find it funny that the root of all evil in youth soccer is the parent. Don't criticize the coach...you don't know what you are talking about. Don't yell at the offical...you don't know what you are talking about.

But we need your check by the 15th so we all can get paid.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Parents are the machines that make club soccer happen..No doubt..If you don't believe me..Everyone NOT show up for tryouts this season and see how many clubs we have or watch the price drop on training..This is a different turn than discussing the loud parent on the sideline.

kick off
kick off
I agree with you NOtsofastfriend. Lets say you are in a soccer game and you get lightly brushed by someone on the other team and your fans start whining and yelling at the ref (which i find funny at times and in a sense disrepectful). They shouldnt be surprise if the refs start giving the other team all the calls. Its one thing to chant on your team but to aggrivate them and the refs. You really dont want your team to win.

"I'm Not Fast You Just Move Too Slow"
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard