Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
throw in
throw in
Quote:

sweet what is your definition of a true D1 player.

That is an excellent question!

Each one of us has a different opinion of what makes a "true D1 player" - kind of like how every coach has an idea of what they're looking for in a player.

Being the father of 2 D1 players, it's remarkable the differences between the two programs each of my kids is involved in. I'd say that each of my kids is the perfect "true D1 player" for their respective programs but neither would be happy at the other's school.

Is a "true D1 player" a kid who makes a commitment to play 4 years at a school and fulfills that commitment???

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

sweet what is your definition of a true D1 player.

I will remove the word true, in my opinion there are two types of D-1 players, a player who plays for a major D-1 program and a player who plays for a mid-major program. In most cases a player playing for a mid major is lacking a certain skill set to play major D-1. Also a player should be getting solid playing time by there 2nd year at either level. So how many Major D-1 players do we have for 2010 in SC.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Do you think (objectivly speaking) that the out of state "big fish" players were "better" signings for USC? Did they lose out on better/higher ranked (again very subjective) in state talent using this method?

Not getting to see all the players from out of state play that USC recruited just some of them this would just be an opinion but i do not think skill wise these players were better than some of the in state players.Athletics or not mine didnt like the school so she wasnt going there.I would think they have lost out over the years on some in state players using this method.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Let's name names.

Who are '10 or '11 SC players that deserve money to play at a Top 10 school? Keep in mind, UNC, Florida State, Boston College, Wake Forest, UCLA, Notre Dame, Stanford and Portland were the Elite Eight participants.

Who are the SC players that deserve to be on the Region III team?

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Let's name names.

Who are '10 or '11 SC players that deserve money to play at a Top 10 school? Keep in mind, UNC, Florida State, Boston College, Wake Forest, UCLA, Notre Dame, Stanford and Portland were the Elite Eight participants.

My daughter was recruited by Pac-10, ACC and SEC schools, two of which you mentioned above, she is very happy with her (SEC) choice.

C
bench
bench
C
all the above answers are good but left out the most important one ..... thats SPEED

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

all the above answers are good but left out the most important one ..... thats SPEED

Speed is always important, however in the girls game, 9 out of ten track stars playing soccer can't hit the side of a barn with the ball. Your lucky if they finish 1 out of 10-15 opportunities.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Let's name names.

Kickinit70 mine will enjoy playing in the same league with sweet feets daughter.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
In all do respect, some form letters/written correspondence and large money to actually contribute are two different things. Those schools recruit on a national scale and I'd have to hear the name of this SC player. I can't think of a club, ODP or high school player who would be a high priority for these particular programs. Not to say your daughter can't play quality D-I but these are the best of the best with the ability to get anyone.

K
kick off
kick off
K
Here are the players that I am aware of that attended high school in SC and signed with major D1 conferences in 2010. There may be others that I have missed:

Morgan Hert of Mauldin HS - Clemson University (ACC)
Alex Ramsey of Rock Hill HS - Louisana State University (SEC)
Taylor Parker of Ft. Mill HS - University of Kentucky (SEC)

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard