Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Luna-Chicks 98G #132672 04/09/10 09:55 PM
A
throw in
throw in
A

Is it the Town of Mount Pleasant or Mount Pleasant Soccer Club entering into a licensing agreement with Columbia United??

arsenal2 #132673 04/09/10 11:10 PM
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
What are the advantages or disadvantages to this?
Licensing agreement means a new name and uniforms..right?
Does anything else change?

coldhardtruth #132674 04/10/10 01:34 AM
L
throw in
throw in
L
Does Columbia united have a business license to operate in the Town of MT P? Pay taxes to Mt P? What of other organizations that want the same type of deal (whatever it is) Baseball, lacrosss, Football?

Is the town now writing licenses............... I may want to buy one.

A can of worms in my opinion

As I watch from the other side of the fence smelling the pie (in the sky)

Luna-Chicks 98G #132675 04/10/10 02:14 AM
B
kick off
kick off
B
Quote:

Does Columbia united have a business license to operate in the Town of MT P? Pay taxes to Mt P? What of other organizations that want the same type of deal (whatever it is) Baseball, lacrosss, Football?

Is the town now writing licenses............... I may want to buy one.

A can of worms in my opinion

As I watch from the other side of the fence smelling the pie (in the sky)

I think it will be more like the training deal you set up with Bridge Fa when you were on the board at JIYSC. Coaching and training for field usage. If it was ok to trade field space then what is the problem for someone else doing it now. I know you are losing rental fee's at JIYSC but that could not have been much.

I am sure the town would be open to anything that would benefit the kids, Do you have the funds to make it happen?.
Sounds a little bit of sour grapes. Didn't you benefit from the MP Recreation Department as a child? Maybe you can benefit from the activities and get a player or two and then you might have a chance against Fireant's daughters team.

Good Luck smelling the Pie in the Sky. I dont think the wind usually blows that way here in Charleston but if it does I think the sewege treatment plant on James Island will probably make it smell normal.

Be Happy for once, see how bad negative sounds.

BS Terminator #132676 04/10/10 02:56 AM
L
throw in
throw in
L
BS 50% correct Maybe you should introduce yourself

BFA never had a pay to train deal on James Island, but it was discussed

Yes I grew up and played in Mt P, but many years before MPSC and Hungryneck(if you must know, Wando 85, Citadel 89)

I am a supporter of MPSC, I am just pointing out the troubles that are created when dealing with a municipality.
The town has obligations that can't be limited to one entity.
Fireant and I talk all of the time. Playing each other is very much part of the fun. (he does have the upper hand....
credit given.)

Clinton Chamness

No sour grapes = = Plumb Island......hmmmmm Pie

Last edited by Luna-Chicks 98G; 04/10/10 03:27 AM.
Luna-Chicks 98G #132677 04/10/10 01:49 PM
A
throw in
throw in
A
Well said Clinton...you have done what others haven't. Taken a local group and stuck with them, without guest players and developed them into a very good competitive squad of local girls. Haven't hid behind "I need more players" or "not enough fields". Well done. Teaching principal and character, what a concept for others to grasp.

If Columbia United gets a license to take over MPSC, it won't matter unless the names and faces change at MPSC. If that doesn't happen, it will be business as usual under different colors. If the leadership doesn't change that will bode well for Cainhoy and JI. There is a reason there is such division in the Lowcountry, licensing agreements and mergers will only mask the problem until someone who can unite and foster growth arrives in the Lowcountry.

arsenal2 #132678 04/10/10 02:16 PM
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
So I guess the membership at MPSC has no vote on this matter?

Luna-Chicks 98G #132679 04/13/10 12:41 PM
F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Quote:

RECREATION COMMITTEE
TUESDAY, APRIL 13, 2010

5:00 p.m.

Conference Room 103
Municipal Complex
100 Ann Edwards Lane, Mount Pleasant, SC

A G E N D A

1. Licensing agreement between Town of Mount Pleasant and Columbia United FC
2. Adjourn

So, tonight we will learn if the landscaping in changing in the lowcountry.

Fireant #132680 04/13/10 01:58 PM
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Is this meeting open to members or the public?
If passed..what does this mean for soccer in the lowcountry?
Sorry for all the questions..Just trying to get a feel for what's going on and how does it impact the area..

C
goal
goal
C

You can not have one club representing itself in two or three different regions. A club can only exist and recruit in one region with a majority of each team in the club be made up of players from that region.

So the way around it is to setup a separate club in the other region with an independent board. CESA-Columbia was the first example of this and I believe Columbia United has now setup agreements with other clubs in other regions for the same purpose. The idea is to try and catch and consolidate the very top talent from one region to the home club in another region. Talent can be either players, coaches or parents to some degree. SC has limited top soccer talent and so the clubs have to be creative in finding and training that talent. The problem with having that separate club, is obvious. They are a separate club that if the wrong person(s), as far as the home club is concerned, got elected then that club could switch loyalty and there would be no legal recourse for the home club that started the club in the first place.

I do have very mixed feeling about this subject and have been on both sides of the coin. I understand the need and desire to consolidate the players to create a more competitive national team but I have seen the hurt and waste that is left behind when the consolidation happens. And soccer loses a lot of potential future advocates because of the need to have short term gains.

Here I go again!
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard