Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Brace
Brace
S
It is absurd if you think these things are thrown because of Dennis Cook. I am sure people saying this have never met the man. Look for another reason to cry, Irmo is good because they have good players, good coaches, and they work hard. It has nothing to do with biased referees. That's a dumb statement. JMHO.

bench
bench
irmo beating nhs in a preseason tournament does not mean they are automatically going to beat them again in state. lets look at the facts. 2 out of nhs' state seasons had losses in the lake murray challenge. nhs wants revenge so i believe it will be nhs-3 and shmirmo-2 in the championship

S
Brace
Brace
S
I've seen both play multiple times this year. This is not the same team NHS fielded last year. NHS has great attack but average defending and goalkeeping, Irmo on the other hand is well rounded all over the pitch (similar to NHS 09).

You can call for revenge and redemption all you want but do you not think Irmo wants revenge after losing last year in state? I can promise, winning LMC is not a big deal to them compared to the aspirations they have to redeem themselves and win state.

I am not knocking NHS one bit because I love watching them play; they are well coached, well disciplined and just flat out exciting to watch. but at the end of the day, this is Irmo's year....

Q
throw in
throw in
Q
Average defenders and goalkeeping??

Their backline will be the deciding factor for winning a state championship. They will need to do their best to keep the ball out of their third and the BIG 3 will have to come up BIG with multiple goals for Northwestern to win. It might not be a bad idea to let Foster guard the pipes either!!!

But in the end none of this matters because it's going to be a heck of a game to watch and anticipate the rest of the year!!!

Shoot don't forget about Fornell, Nutsey and crew at Wando wanting revenge!!!

J
Brace
Brace
J
I think it is funny how everyone is assuming that Irmo and NW are going to make it to the state finals with no real challenges. Lets be real, a few key injuries, a couple of players having a bad game, and it is a real possibility that either of these teams could lose. You can never be certain in the playoffs....weird things can and do happen. Good luck to all the teams this year in the playoffs, and lest hope for some good, clean games with lots of sportsmanship and a minimization of "simulated" fouls and whining!

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
H
goal kick
goal kick
H
I agree Soccerboy, I think Irmo is going to get all they want from Wando come playoff time. They sure did last year.

goal
goal
Keep in mind that if Irmo and Wando meet this year, the match will be at Irmo...huge advantage for the yellow jackets (of course, that is going on the assumption that Irmo finishes #1 in their conference)

Serious question - do you think as many wando fans will drive to irmo for a tuesday evening match as irmo fans that would drive to wando for the same? and don't just say "wando's gonna pack that stadium!" because you're a wando fan.

I've been to at least a couple of those matchups at wando, so i know how many people irmo brings to town (although it's a little hard to tell because the wando a.d. makes all the fans sit on the same side - and how brilliant is that?) but i've never been to an irmo-wando match at irmo. has anybody else? has there ever even been one?

J
Brace
Brace
J
Before you go blasting making the fans sit on the same side, if I remember correctly, many states have that as a rule to prevent anyone from being behind the players' bench. This prevents a lot of problems, and here in Illinois, it is a great thing. The benches are on the same side of the field. Prevents the center referee from running back and forth to explain a card or call.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
goal
goal
I suppose I see your point, but Wando is the only school in the lowcountry (that I can think of right offhand) that has both teams sit on the same side - not sure why they do it differently from everyone else.

All I know is that making Irmo and Wando fans sit on the same side is somewhat dangerous, and just asking for problems. Last year, it was a full-time job for the a.d. and his helpers to keep things from getting out of hand.

For me, at least, if it's a choice between fan safety and the center ref having to run a little more, that's a no-brainer. Maybe there's something else that has not been considered - I just don't know what it is.

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Northwestern has both teams sit on the same side as well. Doesn't seem to be a problem there.

One Time!
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard