Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
C
Coach
Coach
C
Speaking of missing things on the scoreboard, does anyone have info on Fort Dorchester's missing scores vs. Cane Bay, Goose Creek and Colleton? Trying to assess how the playoffs picture is shaping up, and all those blanks are not helpful...win/loss would answer the essential question even if the exact score isn't known.

Last edited by Coach Chass; 04/26/10 02:51 PM.

I've got good news and bad news...
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

...I always check other teams schedule's routinely to make sure my team is on their schedule before we play.

And this would be easy to do if everyone was required to use the same, centralized, scheduling and score reporting system.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
Yea I agree. We play in a NC private school league and some of the smaller schools never report their scores. So come seeding committee time, you think your team is looking good until someone sends in their schedule with 12 wins and 2 losses but no one ever knew they played a game all year.

corner kick
corner kick
Again doesn't the coach know how many region games they have/play? If you were missing one, wouldn't you contact that other coach to see what they have?

Tomorrow...is too late.
hat-trick
hat-trick
I think it just got left off of the schedule and went undetected.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Quote:

The scsoccer scoreboard is not perfect...if the coaches could update it themselves...like the way the club scoreboards are set up. This would help a lot.

I agree that the SC High School Soccer Scoreboard is not perfect. However, it is the "model" that the NSCAA uses for the prep soccer scene and has been that way for a decade. I, originally, got involved with Soccer Information Systems in 1993 when I was the Soccer SID at the University of South Carolina. Charlie Corbitt and his crew (mainly CC these days) have done a phenomenal job with the collegiate and prep scoreboards.

As for "input" from others - our system is tried and true and almost 100% correct. Is a score recorded as 5-0 instead of 6-0? Perhaps! We input what we are informed by coaches, team representatives, players, fans, officials, etc. It is "close" to being perfect.

As for the coaches themselves inputting the scores/results - that has been tried as well and you would be surprised at how many times the information is incorrect. Many a time we get a score reported from a "coach" that says it was 7-0, 8-0, or 9-0 - put down whatever. Well, we go to great lengths (more than we probably should) to get it right - at the Varsity, Junior Varsity, and B-Team levels. Find me another Scoreboard as such.

It's kind of like college football coaches voting in the national polls - that job is usually handed off to the respective school's SID. It might mean little to someone else, but the fact that a match is decided in regulation, overtime, or penalty kicks does matter. It also matters about sites such as home, away, or neutral. We try to be as objective as possible with as much data that we can accumulate and I think the Scoreboard is sufficient in this regard. Believe me, having all "coaches" input the data is hardly a panacea for the Scoreboard. I have seen many a "club" scoreboard with incomplete data.

I know that a prototype is in the works - and not very successful right now - that may see a change for next year. If they can get it implemented for the college soccer season next fall, then perhaps a high school version will be available as well.

So, until then notsofastfriend, just report the scores and they will be updated and uploaded in a timely manner.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Kyle,
I think the current process is great, but if the schools (coaches, ADs, admin assistants, whoever) aren't required to submit schedules and scores, at least some won't. Those holes keep the entire system from being as good as it could be. I just think the league needs to endorse a system (EurosportScoreboard would be fine) and require the schools to use it.

Goal
Goal
nt

J
JJP Offline
bench
bench
J
Quote:

I agree with Morabito. Is it too hard for coaches to pick up the phone and call the other school? You should be able to call a school and talk to either the actual coach or the AD who would have the schedule. Coaches should keep in touch so this doesn't happen. I know its not WK coach's resposibility but I always check other teams schedule's routinely to make sure my team is on their schedule before we play.

There's a lot of assuming going on here...just let it go

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

There's a lot of assuming going on here...

Why don't you fill us in? I know some upset parents who would love to know what happened.

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard