goal kick
goal kick
C
-

S
Brace
Brace
S
"It's a soccer position. We decided to go another direction with it," Durbin said. "That happens all the time."

What is this supposed to mean? Maybe I'm reading into that too much but doesn't sound like they think soccer is a big deal. But then again, a lot of people you ask don't.

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
I thought the same thing when I intially read that. Then I thought about how newspapers are known for taking what somebody says and twisting it around to sound like something totally different. Unless I saw him say that on video and could see the manner in which it was said I'll give the principal the benefit of the doubt on it. Most newspapers these days are about like the National Enquirer.

Goal
Goal
Could the article have been anymore vague? Where are the interviews from the disgruntled parents and players? I believe that something is amidst at the circle K.

Some coaches do stupid things to get fired like buying drinks for former HS students that are underage or becoming a star on To Catch a Predator. That's the last thing that the sport needs. I'm sure that is NOT the case here. If it were, the media would be all over that very ravenously.

It sounds like it is nothing more than the right people (boosters or influential people) are ticked off.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
I know a few players on the squad, and I've heard their complaints about the coach sometimes being way too strict. There was an instance against Hilton head where he benched his top scorer and one of his mid-fielders for the first half due to they ebing late to practice. And there's been other cases where the players felt he was being unfair.

I'm sure that the Beaufort staff is not that ignorant to not see that Beaufort has one of the premier high school soccer programs, and I hope they don't view it as just another sport. EIther way, I wish the Eagles the best the rest of the way.

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
God forbid a coach bench someone for being late to practice. If they show up late to class they get a consequence. Sounds like the kids wanted more free-reign and didn't like being told "no". Their record has been good, so apparently benching players for being late hasn't hurt their record.

By the way, this would never, EVER happen to a football coach.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

I know a few players on the squad, and I've heard their complaints about the coach sometimes being way too strict. There was an instance against Hilton head where he benched his top scorer and one of his mid-fielders for the first half due to they ebing late to practice. And there's been other cases where the players felt he was being unfair.

I'm sure that the Beaufort staff is not that ignorant to not see that Beaufort has one of the premier high school soccer programs, and I hope they don't view it as just another sport. EIther way, I wish the Eagles the best the rest of the way.

Are you kidding me? A coach actually being fired for trying to instill discipline in a team? That's the trouble with our society today. Somebody comes in and regulates and gets blasted for it. Far be it from me to chastise a coach for setting rules and making certain all abide by them. If parents are behind his removal for being strict, then shame on them and I hope that Beaufort goes down from here on out if that's truly the case. Certainly it is not though, is it???

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Also, is Coach Turrall a teacher too at Beaufort HS?

Goal
Goal
I don't wish Beaufort all the best.

In fact, I hope the lose out. Administration conforming to whiny parents and players is what this says to me.

"It's a soccer position." <----- clowns.

Last edited by shut^&play; 04/22/10 04:52 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard