Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
Quote:

Quote:

I know a few players on the squad, and I've heard their complaints about the coach sometimes being way too strict. There was an instance against Hilton head where he benched his top scorer and one of his mid-fielders for the first half due to they ebing late to practice. And there's been other cases where the players felt he was being unfair.

I'm sure that the Beaufort staff is not that ignorant to not see that Beaufort has one of the premier high school soccer programs, and I hope they don't view it as just another sport. EIther way, I wish the Eagles the best the rest of the way.

Are you kidding me? A coach actually being fired for trying to instill discipline in a team? That's the trouble with our society today. Somebody comes in and regulates and gets blasted for it. Far be it from me to chastise a coach for setting rules and making certain all abide by them. If parents are behind his removal for being strict, then shame on them and I hope that Beaufort goes down from here on out if that's truly the case. Certainly it is not though, is it???

Funny you say that because I told these players the same thing. The coach is trying to instill discipline in the kids, and they didn't want to adapt to it.

Keep in mind this is only 1 situation that I've talked about. But based on this situation, I see absolutely no wrong-doing on the coach's part. But who knows if there was any other reasons behind his firing. Either way you're right, this would never happen in football or basketball.

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Lateef Turral of St. Joseph's University, 2005

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
U
throw in
throw in
U
Maybe it was a culmination of things? Maybe his players this year decided to pull a stunt like they did in the first round of the playoffs last year? That had to be a huge black eye for the Beaufort soccer program. I know that I was shocked to hear about that kind of conduct after a soccer match had finished. All I am saying is that the little things add up, and finally cause the entire pot to tip over.

corner kick
corner kick
No the coach was not a teacher. Disciple, or a lack there of, has alway been a big problem. Jaguar the boy wasn't late to practice, he didn't show up to the practice.

S
goal
goal
S
sounds like the inmates want to run the asylum & the admin decided it didn't need the hassle.
the fball coach is probably still laughing at dumb old soccer.
what happened at the playoffs?

Z
bench
bench
Z
Beaufort V. White Knoll Beaufort should have won the game but a couple of poor plays in the last 10 min. cost them. after the game a seniors last game and the WK fans got into a ill show you my ass if you show me yours type of altercation not as bad as you hear but still poor sportsmanship

U
throw in
throw in
U
It must have been bad enough if the kids involved got disciplined the next day. Face it, it was a black-eye on the Beaufort program. Kids don't understand that the playing field is an extension of the school.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard