Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
M
brace
brace
M
@ IRMO

IRMO vs Lexington

This is one of those games where the score doesn't tell the whole story as IRMO mounted 20 to 25 chances but were denied by outstanding work between the sticks by keeper Michael Lee. This kid was peppered and he kept coming up with saves. Outstanding work sir. You made IRMO really earn this one.

IRMO would strike first on a free kick from 23 yards by Zach Acree. Acree lined the shot up and drove it over the wall and into the near post.

It wasn't long before Lexington countered and got the benefit of a yellow card on a 50/50 ball in the box. IRMO keeper, Rob Sullivan, sprinted out and jumped to cath the ball at the precise time of the attempt by the Lexington player to head the ball. In doing so he may have caught the player in the face. Lexington netted the PK and pulled to an even score of 1-1 at the halfway mark.

IRMO came out more focused and again generated numerous chances to only be denied by Lee. The second IRMO goal was scored on the combined pressure of Lee from Lunceford and Dunbaker resulting in a finish by Dunbaker from a couple of feet off the line.

Lexington midfielder, Ryan Frieberger and company clawed their way back and again scored the equalizer on what looked like a missed offsides call based on the fact that all of the IRMO backs put their hands up simultaneously. Who knows, maybe it was offside . . . maybe it wasn't. Either way, the Lexington fans were again leaping with joy as they could sense a possible upset over the yellow jackets.

It didn't take more than a minute for IRMO to exact their revenge as Lunceford played a ball from the middle to a streaking Acree down the left side of the pitch who saw Matt Freeman 10 yards ahead and 40 yards across the pitch which is right where Acree put the pass. Freeman tucked the shot into the near post from eight yards. It was a thing of beauty for the sophomore I've listed as the most promising rising IRMO talent.

The 3-2 win tonight clinches the Region IV title and the home field advantage during playoffs. Lexington and IRMO brought out a large contingent of fans who were all loud and well behaved. It was a great atmosphere under a full moon.

Video to follow in the IRMO vs Lexington thread of all of the chances, including goals, IRMO had tonight.

Final: 3-2 IRMO

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

@ IRMO

IRMO vs Lexington

This is one of those games where the score doesn't tell the whole story as IRMO mounted 20 to 25 chances but were denied by outstanding work between the sticks by keeper Michael Lee. This kid was peppered and he kept coming up with saves. Outstanding work sir. You made IRMO really earn this one.

IRMO would strike first on a free kick from 23 yards by Zach Acree. Acree lined the shot up and drove it over the wall and into the near post.

It wasn't long before Lexington countered and got the benefit of a yellow card on a 50/50 ball in the box. IRMO keeper, Rob Sullivan, sprinted out and jumped to cath the ball at the precise time of the attempt by the Lexington player to head the ball. In doing so he may have caught the player in the face. Lexington netted the PK and pulled to an even score of 1-1 at the halfway mark.

IRMO came out with more focused and again generated numerous chances to only be denied by Lee. The second IRMO goal was scored on the combined pressure of Lee from Lunceford and Dunbaker resulting in a finish by Dunbaker.

Lexington fought their way back and again and scored the equalizer on what looked like a missed offsides call based on the fact that all of the IRMO backs put their hands up simultaneously. Who knows, maybe it was offside . . . maybe it wasn't. Either way, the Lexington fans were again leaping with joy as they could sense a possible victory over the yellow jackets.

It didn't take more than a minute for IRMO to exact their revenge as Lunceford played a ball from the middle to a streaking Acree down the left side who saw Matt Freeman 10 yards ahead and 40 yards across the pitch which is right where Acree put the pass. Freeman tucked the shot into the near post from eight yards. It was a thing of beauty for the sophomore I've listed as the most promising rising IRMO talent.

The 3-2 win tonight clinches the Region IV title and the home field advantage during playoffs. Lexington and IRMO brought out a large contingent of fans who were all loud and well behaved. It was a great atmosphere under a full moon.

Video to follow in the IRMO vs Lexington thread of all of the chances, including goals, IRMO had tonight.

Now I usually agree with most of what you post, however, the keeper did not come out to "catch" the ball. He came out to parry it away with both of his fists. Nor did he maybe "catch" the lexington player. The Lexington player took to fists to the face. To be honest it should have been a straight red. #8 from Lexington sure as hell knows how to take a punch though

G'd up from the feet up
throw in
throw in
@ CAROLINA WOODRUFF 2 CAROLINA 1

GOOOALASO
M
brace
brace
M
Quote:

Quote:

@ IRMO

IRMO vs Lexington

IRMO came out with more focused and again generated numerous chances to only be denied by Lee. The second IRMO goal was scored on the combined pressure of Lee from Lunceford and Dunbaker resulting in a finish by Dunbaker.

Lexington fought their way back and again and scored the equalizer on what looked like a missed offsides call based on the fact that all of the IRMO backs put their hands up simultaneously. Who knows, maybe it was offside . . . maybe it wasn't. Either way, the Lexington fans were again leaping with joy as they could sense a possible victory over the yellow jackets.

It didn't take more than a minute for IRMO to exact their revenge as Lunceford played a ball from the middle to a streaking Acree down the left side who saw Matt Freeman 10 yards ahead and 40 yards across the pitch which is right where Acree put the pass. Freeman tucked the shot into the near post from eight yards. It was a thing of beauty for the sophomore I've listed as the most promising rising IRMO talent.

Now I usually agree with most of what you post, however, the keeper did not come out to "catch" the ball. He came out to parry it away with both of his fists. Nor did he maybe "catch" the lexington player. The Lexington player took to fists to the face. To be honest it should have been a straight red. #8 from Lexington sure as hell knows how to take a punch though

I'll take your version over mine as I was looking at the video screen and just saw them both go up simultaneously. I wasn't recording the defensive end as I was down on the offensive end so video review would be of no help here.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
bench
bench
4/27

@ Southside

Southside 0
Wren 3

throw in
throw in
@ South Florence

South Florence 2
Hartsville 0

kick off
kick off
i have video evidence that lexington's second goal was not offside

there are no 'born' soccer players
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

i have video evidence that lexington's second goal was not offside

Please post.

S
Brace
Brace
S
Score from 4/26

@ Hardeeville

Lincoln 0-11 Hardeeville

Also, Hardeeville will host Ridgeland on May 5th

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
Goal
Goal
Does anyone know the score of the Sumter/Carolina Forest game?

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard