Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

@ WOODRUFF
WOODRUFF 8 SOUTHSIDE 0

Southside coach, tells the referee with 7 minutes left on the first half, he had enough and pulls his team off the field and told his players that the game was over. !!! OK.

The following is from the SCHSL Constitution:
“NOTE: The Executive Committee considers it a breach of contract and unsportsmanlike conduct when a
school official removes a team from the playing area before a game is completed.”

This is also listed in the SCHSL Constitution as one of the infractions that incur three-hundred dollar fines:
“1. A school official removes a team from the playing area before a game is completed.”

I
goal
goal
I
Quote:

Quote:

@ WOODRUFF
WOODRUFF 8 SOUTHSIDE 0

Southside coach, tells the referee with 7 minutes left on the first half, he had enough and pulls his team off the field and told his players that the game was over. !!! OK.

8 Goals in 33 Minutes -- How many more goals was WHS planning on scoring?

Don't agree with what the Southside coach did either but there were two teams, and two coaches involved in this game.....

I do not have a kid on the team... but...

I know what that coach does to hold the score down. He plays with less than his normal number of players. He puts rules on them you have to do this you have to do that, then you can score. The one I heard from his girls the other week was you have to make thirty passes then you can shoot.

Like I said, I am not in WHS system, but the coach really holds back after a point. I guess the other guy could not handle the heat up front. What is a coach to do, make the girls run from Woodruff, then play?

K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
@ Camden 5/4

JV Girls
Camden 1 v Gilbert 2

Varsity Girls
Camden 0 v Gilbert 1 in OT

Gilbert scored in the first OT.

Camden recognized 3 seniors, Lauren Geddings GK, Josey Dean MF, Etta Wilhelm MF/D..these 3 girls were great contributors to the Camden team, and Lauren and Josey were 4 year players that helped build the program and set the foundation for the upcoming years.

Won back to back region titles as well...Congrats on a great year!

J
kick off
kick off
J
BHP 6
Pendleton 0

brace
brace
Blue Ridge 8, Chapman 2

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

@ WOODRUFF
WOODRUFF 8 SOUTHSIDE 0

8 Goals in 33 Minutes -- How many more goals was WHS planning on scoring?

Don't agree with what the Southside coach did either but there were two teams, and two coaches involved in this game.....

What is a coach to do, make the girls run from Woodruff, then play?

The answer is simple ... don't score!

But for everyone's sanity let's not start that debate again!

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
So how does that game go down in the score book? Dont you have to play full 40 mins for an official game. Does it go down as a forfeit by Southside??

S
throw in
throw in
S
Southside has an IB diploma curriculum and AP classes and Woodruff has AP classes. There are IB exams (2 day exams) and some AP exams this week. Could it be the Southside coach and the Woodruff coach had players that could use their time better studying for exams this week than playing a frustrating lopsided game that benefitted noone? I commend the coaches for looking out for the best interest of the total player. Everyone's time is at a premium in this final month with exams, end of the year events, tryouts etc. I doubt any of the kids on the field were disappointed on either team. Any Woodruff or Southside players feel otherwise?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Southside has an IB diploma curriculum and AP classes and Woodruff has AP classes. There are IB exams (2 day exams) and some AP exams this week. Could it be the Southside coach and the Woodruff coach had players that could use their time better studying for exams this week than playing a frustrating lopsided game that benefitted noone? I commend the coaches for looking out for the best interest of the total player. Everyone's time is at a premium in this final month with exams, end of the year events, tryouts etc. I doubt any of the kids on the field were disappointed on either team. Any Woodruff or Southside players feel otherwise?

Southside took the time to drive to Woodruff and back. They could have at least played another 7 minutes so it would be an official match. I had the same question as ghs26: Since they didn't complete at least a half, does it go down as a forfeit?

throw in
throw in
My players at Woodruff love to played the game. Don't matter whether is Southside or Mauldin. If their school was having any type of testing and he wanted to get the girls home early. All he had to do was talk to me prior to the start of the game, and we could of talk to the referees. Besides that, they were an hour late for the game, and then he pulled that one. And to answer your question my players just wanted to play on senior night. I feel for his players because they never quit and they wanted to keep playing. His girls thougth they were getting a water break and were surprise to hear that the game was over.

GOOOALASO
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard