Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
S
goal
goal
S
The game was played at TL Hanna, shows what RHS can do with a nice wide field. Maybe TL Hanna would allow RHS to use there field during RHS run to a state title. Waiting on a confirmation on the score, if it truly is 7-1, all I can say is wow.

S
throw in
throw in
S
TL Hanna scored first 3-1 at half

J
kick off
kick off
J
BHP 1
Seneca 0

Great, hard fought game for the region 1 3A championship. Hats off to Seneca and I wish them the best of luck throughout the playoffs.

A
kick off
kick off
A
Quote:

Southside has an IB diploma curriculum and AP classes and Woodruff has AP classes. There are IB exams (2 day exams) and some AP exams this week. Could it be the Southside coach and the Woodruff coach had players that could use their time better studying for exams this week than playing a frustrating lopsided game that benefitted noone? I commend the coaches for looking out for the best interest of the total player. Everyone's time is at a premium in this final month with exams, end of the year events, tryouts etc. I doubt any of the kids on the field were disappointed on either team. Any Woodruff or Southside players feel otherwise?

I agree with the Woodruff coach? He could have easily spoke with him and they could have worked it out. If you cannot handle playing sports and school then don't play sports. All kids have exams, etc at this time so all at a premium- you NEVER walk off the field-totally unclassy. And as far as not scoring, anytime our team gets to 8-10, there is no more scoring. Unfortunately sometimes this happens but that is the way it goes.

P
Throw In
Throw In
P
The NFHS rule book allows for state associations to establish mercy rules. It seems that going up 8 to 10 goals and then "not scoring" is just as much a waste of time as any other solution, and just as embarrassing to the other team. Maybe it's time to look at a mercy rule.
OTOH, the other thread about establishing regional tiered leagues, regardless of school size, makes a lot more sense than mercy rules or the current structure, which may work well for basketball, football, and baseball, but clearly doesn't work well for soccer (IMHO).

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Yes the score is correct and "wow" is exactly what I said. Early going was fairly normal. We scored first then Riverside got a PK when a player was knocked down in the box. Then #12 took over, and I mean really took over. Riverside played very fast and were amazingly efficient converting their chances.

Quote:

The game was played at TL Hanna, shows what RHS can do with a nice wide field. Maybe TL Hanna would allow RHS to use there field during RHS run to a state title. Waiting on a confirmation on the score, if it truly is 7-1, all I can say is wow.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Who is #12 for Riverside?

brace
brace
I have been warning this entire body of wise men and women about Riverside since the beginning of the year. They are the real deal, and they are now interested. Barring weirdness, they will win AAA state.

The tradition continues.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
C
Goal
Goal
C
@ Northwestern
Senior Night

Northwestern 3
Andrew Jackson 0

Goals:
Senior- Jordan Randall (Olivia Huckabee)
Freshman- Lauren Watts (Helena Moore)
Senior- Natalie Mansueti (Cara Pennington)

C
Goal
Goal
C
As a side note,

Northwestern vs. Spartanburg tonight @ NW will be played in reverse order to accommodate SP players involved with testing.

Game times: Varsity @ 5:30
JV to follow after completion of Varsity match.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard