Brace
S
Anyone know?

L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
HH has one more game - against Academic Magnet postponed until tomorrow. Apperantly,, it comes down to that game. If HH wins, then they have a better overall record and win tiebreaker and conference title.

bench
bench
i dont see why a non region game would count for their seed in the region. Bluffton beat HHI in sudden death pks, the HHI beat Bluffton in regualtion. shoudnt HHI's win be worth more?

Liverpool Football Club. You Will Never Walk Alone
L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
That would be logical, wouldn't it. But those that make the rules at SCHSL know more than the rest of the soccer world and "no game shall end in a tie" means that a win is a win.

I have listened for years to the rational by those who defend the "no game shall end in a tie" rule that the winner should be determined on the field, not by an accumulation of points. But this is a good example of the winner (region) being determined in a non-region match 150 miles away from either school.

C
kick off
kick off
C
It doesn't make sense. I never understood the logic, either. In 2008, Bluffton beat Hilton Head in regulation, then HH beat Bluffton in PK's. It was the same situation, but switched. Then it went to overall record. Bluffton had won more games than Hilton Head had played total, and Hilton Head still won the region based on the guidelines. I agree that there should be some revisions.

L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
Exactly - do away with overtime in regular season matches or at least limit tiebreakers to region matches - least goals allowed, goal differential, etc. (since this is a region seeding issue). The only reason that HH's last match affects the region seeding is that HH is playing more matches than Bluffton this year.

Q
throw in
throw in
Q
Who thinks it's funny that every region has different tie breaker rules?

Does this mean Hilton Head and Bluffton are co-region champs and the game tomorrow is only for seeding purposes??

Whoever heard of co-region champs??

Whoever gets the number one seed should obviously be region champs by themselves! Nobody likes to share!

Brace
Brace
Hilton Head and Bluffton are Co-Champs. The higher seed would go to HH, should we win at Academic Magnet tonight, based on winning percentage in all matches. Each region should be allowed to govern themselves within the rules established by the executive committee and enforced by SCHSL. SCHSL has never made a rule. It's job is to enforce and interpret. (Not trying to open a can of worms on whether that is done well or not). Our region will consider re-structuring the soccer tie-breaker for next year. IMO only region play should effect region standings. I am not sure there is much difference in these two seeds this year, if my 'bracket-ology' is correct, until 3rd and 4th rounds. Speaking in terms of hosting matches.

The Weather Is Here. Wish You Were Beautiful.

Link Copied to Clipboard