Hawk, David Clover D Jr
Schlirf, Austin Clover M So
Moore, Harrison York D/M Jr
Harris, Josh Gaffney F Sr

MVP – Alex Martinez (Northwestern)
COY - Lloyd Chalker (Fort Mill)

throw in
throw in
How is Dennis Moore not on the All-Region team?

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

How is Dennis Moore not on the All-Region team?

Maybe the coach was trying to spread around honors for all his players or maybe this player was hurt during region games and sat out?

world cup
world cup
Three pretty good sophomores on this team.

Congrats too all.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Three pretty good sophomores on this team.

Congrats too all.

Dang straight!!!! Congrats to KDogg, Reido and Austin!!!!!

O
bench
bench
O
Congrats to all that were selected. All have contributed to their teams in a large way.

The two Northwestern forwards should be here. I'm sure they were nominated.

Fort Mill has a midfielder, defender, and a goalkeeper that should have been selected.

None are sophomores, but all have contributed significantly to the success of these teams this year. Knowing that not everyone can be recognized, these guys should have been. Unfortunate for them.

brace
brace
"The two Northwestern forwards should be here. I'm sure they were nominated."
Do not think they were "nominated".
From what I understand a coach only gets so many spots, as each coach pick his team's all region players, so there will always be some good players left out.

Best we can do is help by giving recognition to the other good players on the team who we have loved to watch play.

The FM junior keeper, Tanner, has been very good all year, and he has stepped it up at the end of the year including some outstanding highlight reel saves to keep FM from getting blown out by NaFo.

You also have JT and David with 23 and 21 pts (third and fourth leading scorers behind region picks Kevin and Jack), David leads the team with 9 assists and has to be one of the sharpest passers on the team and maybe in the region.

Also have to recognize that Taylor was second on the team in playing time, behind region pick Josh by only a little over a min a game! (David was actually third!) when you are one of team time leaders, in min per game and total time played you must be a pretty solid player key to the team!

As you can see there will always seem to be more key players than spots! Congrats to those picked and thanks to all the other players for the great games!

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
I don't like how Region teams are selected. Don't like the fact that coaches can self nominate their own players.

To me it would be a lot more accurate if the coaches met and picked the top 4 forwards, top 8 mids, top 8 backs, top 2 keepers. I think Dennis and Ricky would have been picked.

world cup
world cup
SOS is right on the money. Everyone knows Dennis and Ricky belong on the team but Dom has always spread the wealth. I'm sure you will see Ricky and Dennis earn higher honors later this year.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
brace
brace
Forgot to add JT was selected for North South game too!!

I like your idea we could use a system where each coach votes for say 8/12/12/4 (not allowed to vote for his team, and maybe say max two players per position per school) using a 1-8, 1-12, 1-4 point based being #1 pick is worth 8,12, or 4 pts. Top point getters are the all region players. If a school has no one on list then thier top point winner is an "Honerable Mention", in fact all players who got points could get that title, now we got more love being spread around and a solid team!

This would make a "real" all region team based on what region coaches saw and prevent us from having players who got picked for state level all star game but are not on all region team!

I would guess this might take some heat off of coaches who have to explain to little Billie's mom or dad why they did not pick thier child to be a all region player!

Legal Disclaimer: note Billie is not a real player and any use of this name is not meant to infer that someone named Billie was slighted or that his parents are mad at the coach!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard