Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
cbd

regions don't really "minimize" travel. Next year, spartanburg and gaffney will be in a region with lancaster. this year rock hill and south pointe were in a region in columbia, but not with northwestern. If that is minimizing of travel, I must be crazy. What they should consider is geographical conferences regardless of size. Then go by power rankings in football to determine playoffs at each level and let every team in the tournament in all other sports (which would only add one round and the SCHSL would make more money.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
C
Coach
Coach
C
Heh...minimizing travel. Berkeley's new region opponents when we move to 3A next year will be:

Cane Bay--13 miles. (Hurrah!)
Lake Marion--40 miles.
Battery Creek--86 miles.
Bluffton--132 miles.
Hilton Head--141 miles.

Any more minimizing, I'll need my pilot's license to get the team to our away games in time to warm up before the start.

I've got good news and bad news...
J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

JAK and others I believe are missing the main point: this is the south carolina HIGH SCHOOL league not the south carolina SOCCER league.

Ironically, I think SCHSL is missing the main point if they think they can't use different criteria for different sports.

And if it was "undoubtably the best way", we probably wouldn't be having the conversation

JAK #135757 05/13/10 12:16 AM
B
throw in
throw in
B
Jak stop, we need to hear a Riverside score.

M
bench
bench
M
Quote:

JAK and others I believe are missing the main point: this is the south carolina HIGH SCHOOL league not the south carolina SOCCER league.. the HSL must look at what is best across the board for not only every sport, but every school, and every kid! It is easy for every person on this board to disagree and that is because everyone on this board is wanting to put soccer first. As a high school football coach, I understand that 4A is divided into to divisions, BUT that is because of the major size difference between the top schools in 4A and bottom in 4A size wise.. Why don't they separate other division or even sports besides football: money. As a teacher and coach of three sports I think I have a pretty good pulse on the beat of hs athletics (not just one sport's perspective... I want every sport to be available to kids and have kids at various schools have chances for success.. But overall, when you look at multiple factors such as: every sport, geography, academics/trave, etc the way that schools are currently divided (based on size) is undoubtedly the best way...

I only hope you are not a teacher in a South Carolina school because your spelling and grammar need some work, although that might explain the 48th best state education in the country.

C
kick off
kick off
C
When was the last time you checked grammar and spelling on a message board? My was of thinking is that a message board is a lot like a text-and spelling and grammar is not a major concern. Anyways, the SCHSL does a great job in forming the regions and if you know anything about the process you know that it is in fact a PROCESS! Schools have a say, there are appeals, and then final decisions are announced. Is it perfect? No, but I do believe that most of the time they get it right. In some instances, travel will be increased for certain schools with the upcoming realignment, however, due to school sizes increasing or decreasing---not much can be done. Having schools compete for championships in regions in which you have a large difference in population is not right! If you think that then you are only thinking of yourself and not all of the kids who compete under the guidelines of the SCHSL. I think most coaches and school officials would agree that the process by which regions and classifications are created is very fair and equal.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard