Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
The brackets pair regions then flips each successive round. The highest priority is given to reducing travel. I am not a big fan of this myself...we are about to play Mauldin in the third round for the third strait year!!!

Quote:

Ok, I can't keep it in any longer. Riverside, Eastside, JL Mann in the same 3a upstate bracket. Greenville sits comfortably all by themselves in a much weaker bracket. How does the high school league set up brackets? It can't be on head to head competition. Just wondering....

J
corner kick
corner kick
J
When I coached volleyball, we always hit Hillcrest the third round. They were the eventual state champions 2 out of the 3 years that it happened that way. I feel your pain, CJ. But, if you're gonna win the title, you'll have to beat those teams sooner or later anyway.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

The brackets pair regions then flips each successive round. The highest priority is given to reducing travel. I am not a big fan of this myself...we are about to play Mauldin in the third round for the third strait year!!!

Quote:

Ok, I can't keep it in any longer. Riverside, Eastside, JL Mann in the same 3a upstate bracket. Greenville sits comfortably all by themselves in a much weaker bracket. How does the high school league set up brackets? It can't be on head to head competition. Just wondering....

The Fort Mill fans don't want to hear any "whining". We'd be glad to trade places with you this Friday night. Heck, we would even be willing to GO TO Mauldin.......you'll be at home.

Count your blessings and good luck in the upperstate semi's.....and thanks for the hospitality last night. Highlight of the evening was photo ops with Radio!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
I enjoyed the visit yesterday Hurst. Work on that tennis game, we should have time to hit the courts the next time you come!

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

Geesh CJ! I hope your girls are more competitive in spirit than you. You sound like you've already ceded to the Mavs.

While I agree that the system should be changed (open seeding anyone???), I hope your girls aren't reading the message board, because according to your post it sounds like you've already thrown in the towel.

Victory Starts Here!
brace
brace
Quote:

Greenville 6
Blue Ridge 0

(Half-time: 2-0)

The score looks more lopsided than the game actually was. We scored on a PK and benefitted from a half own-goal. 4-0 would have been a better representation of the BR Tigers' valiant effort. Nice work Coach Rollie and best wishes to Marissa for a speedy recovery from her earlier MCL-injury.

Greenville was obviously the better team. Our striker/leading scorer hurt her MCL fairly severely on the same knee that she tore her ACL last year. Hurt it last week with 5 minutes left in our last practice before playoffs. Played only 13 minutes Monday, then played until 3-0 yesterday. Pretty gutsy performance by a great young lady.

Coach Raimond - beautiful strategic goal (first) followed by a beautiful shot into the upper 3". Then, I would say we stunk: 3rd - handball/PK, 4th-6th - meltdown by a second string goalie who just acted like a kid. Same kid separated her shoulder last week. More importantly, made a 92 in biology which she was flunking four weeks ago. She brought her report card to the game to show us. Forgot her A game. Oh, well.

Wonderfully coached side, Raimond. Kids love you, and I can see why. You honor soccer.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
brace
brace
Quote:

I didn't call in the score, Rollie, but after your post, I had to laugh and wonder if I had ever acted "childlessly"??? Sadly, I feel that I have...

WOW! For a guy with a Masters in English I guess I blew that. I meant "childishly"! MAN, I am getting old!!!

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard