Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

they used the same tactic in the 2nd round against WF and scored in the 113th minute on a ball lofted over the reach of the WF golakeeper. They seem to have employ that tactic to weae their opponents down,

Summerville that is.

in svilles defense, thats what an overmatched team is supposed to do, pack it in, keep opponents scoring ops low, play over the middle & hopefully capitalize on a few mistakes.

I don't think anyone was saying anything negative, just noticing a trend

M
throw in
throw in
M
Quote:

What happened to Bishop England? This is the first time in how many years that they haven't won?

Top ten reasons BE lost to AM

10. The pressure to stay on top is incredible. Everybody brings their A game to beat you.
9. The game schedule of playing lopsided games and then competitive games makes it extremely difficult to maintain a rhythm and consistency.
8. Seniors were out of school at 10am yesterday. Not a good day to think it’s vacation time.
7. You can’t have huge gaps in the midfield. Your opponent is always going to take the space.
6. BE had momentum going into second half but AM came out gunning and changed the tempo immediately. BE was complacent coming out in the second half.
5. If you’re going to have a bad day, it can’t be during playoffs.
4. AM was prepared, determined and focused. BE was not.
3. Never underestimate your opponent.
2. No matter how many great shots you make, they have to hit the back of the net.
1. AM wore black and they’re in a secret sisterhood with Wando.

It was a sad day in Mudville.

Congratulations to AM and good luck to all the lowcountry teams moving on.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Quote:

It was a sad day in Mudville.

IT WAS A GREAT DAY FOR THE REST OF THE STATE! DOWN GOES BE! DOWN GOES BE!

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
The one thing that BE did have on their side last night were the refs!

M
throw in
throw in
M
Thank you BE Bashers for your sportsmanship.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Sorry, Marta - I am not bashing BE. They played a great game. I am "bashing" the refs!

Last edited by Soccer4fun; 05/15/10 02:18 PM.
M
throw in
throw in
M
I was mainly referring to Hatem Ben Arfa Soccer4fun. I thought the refs were OK although it did seem like the stoppage play went a little long. In spite of a strong push at the end by BE, it didn't matter how the refs were - AM won fairly and squarely.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I think with the run that B.E. has had.Many would be pulling for a underdog to win.

M
throw in
throw in
M
Of course. I get the underdog thing. But a chant of "BE goes down"? Although I forgot.... we're all adults on a message board.... that's different.

And for the upstate 2A teams singing the chant, be careful what you wish for.

M
bench
bench
M
I do not think this was as big of an upset as people think. AM's results with common opponents of BE's have been similar and consistent. Having watched the match, I better team won last night

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard