Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
M
Mary Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
WHAT???? No Region IV or V girls on this list???? That is just unbelievable to me. According to my sources, the Region IV and V representatives did not even show up for this meeting. TELL ME IT ISN'T SO? If you were there, were you in the bathroom when the names of the players in Region IV and V were brought up? The girls that were nominated from the Region IV and V schools ....Dutch Fork, Irmo, Spring Valley and Richland NE deserved to be at least considered. There are several girls that were ALL-State selections last year, and certainly if looking at their stats, should have been on the ALL-STATE team this year. It is rather a coincidence that the committee members for these Regions....White Knoll (David Lloyd) Blythewood (Tony King- rumors here) Aiken (Ron Johnson-just resigned) did not have any nominations to be voted on, so is that why they didn't show up or were there other reasons? But what about Spring Valley (Steve Lea)? Did you not come to at least fight for your own players?

I am not at all trying to take anything away from the other committee members. You showed up, and fought for the players on the teams in your respective Regions. Good for you! I just wish that the coaches from Regions IV and V had taken their selection for this committee seriously, and if they couldn't make it, at least get a substitute to represent them. I am appalled and disgusted!
In my opinion...This is NOT a true ALL-STATE team.

throw in
throw in
Wow! If my Math's correct: 16 of the 18 players chosen were from schools with coaches on the Committee. ????
What happened to R4 and R5 reps?

Last edited by chelseafan5; 05/16/10 07:43 PM.

Nothing is Impossible
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Mary the committee was very disappointed with the Columbia coaches not showing up for such important meeting. Some of us gave up a whole day traveling and working on the committee to get this right. We did look at the players nominated and some committee members did play Irmo, Dutch Fork and White Knoll during the season. I agree, when we have coaches from the Region IV and V it makes it much easier to compare a forward from Dutch Fork and one from Wando for example. I agree that some players were left off the all state roster – but not just from Columbia. I know of one player that was not even nominated from our Region and should have been on the all state team.
I think we as coaches have the obligation to nominate these players; we have the obligation to attend this meeting to carefully select the best players that were nominated. We also have the obligation to go back to our teams or our players and tell them why they did or did not make the all state team. I shared this with my committee and I thought we worked very hard to make sure we spend some time on this. The committee took two hours to look at each player. We discussed and compared players. We looked at stats, we looked at previous accomplishments, how they impacted each team, what was the competition they played against, compared players from one team to another. But you are right, had we had some coaches from Columbia the votes at the end to select a player might have turned out much different.

Last edited by DormanSoccer; 05/16/10 07:50 PM.
L
goal kick
goal kick
L
I was told,it looks like incorrectly,that the coaches from a specific school could not petition for their players that were nominated..at least that is what was said last year.Is this true?? And I agree that is extremely sad that the Columbia coaches did not feel the need to turn up at such an important meeting. Congrats to the girls that did make it,but too bad for those that were nominated and then had no one to turn up and speak on their behalf.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
One more note...what process is used to select the coaches that are supposed to participate in these selections?

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Loves to Play:

1. Coaches talk about each player in their region. For example Wando coach gave us lots of insides on her players that we did not know prior to the meeting. Petition might be a strong word.

2. Not sure how we get this honor each year.

K
Kickoff
Kickoff
K
are you saying that no Lexington player was even nominated? This surprises me. We had a great season with a ton of talented girls.
It is ashame we finished tied for 1st and don't get any recognition! oh well

Last edited by keepergirl77; 05/16/10 09:12 PM.
M
Mary Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
M

These were the coaches in attendance:
Class 4A Girls (9)
Coordinator - Josef Lorenz, Dorman
R1 - Craig Joyner, T.L. Hanna
R1 - Ryan Roseberry, Westside
R2 - Kevin Czar, Mauldin
R3 - Kelsey Geary, Clover
R3 - Cesar Robles, Northwestern
R6 - Jimmy Watson, Sumter
R7 - Shannon Champ, Wando
R8 - Bob Polk, Summerville

These were how the players were divided
All-State team- 5????- WANDO PLAYERS
4????- MAULDIN PLAYERS
3????- DORMAN PLAYERS
2- TL HANNA PLAYERS
1- HILLCREST PLAYER
1- SUMMERVILLE PLAYER
1- FORT MILL PLAYER

I realize that it must be a hard job to go over other teams players and try to compare them with the "Powerhouse Teams" players of these other regions, but if you look at the results and the coach that showed up? Also, just curious, how the 4 Mauldin players were chosen for the team, but were not even on the list of 34 All-State nominees. Did Coach Czar just bring his 4 nominations into the meeting, and say by the way, these are the girls I want on the All-State team. Their names not being on the list, how were they even considered? Not trying to take away from those players being worthy, just how does the process not work for every team involved?
Wando: 5 of their 5 nominations on the All-State team....and you said it yourself, that Coach Shannon mentioned some things about these players that you might not have known. There should be some limit to how many players a team should have on the list.

Like I said in my original post...I believe that the coaches that attended the meeting did their job. It is obvious...Wando 5 for 5, Mauldin 4 for 4 ( I assume since their players were not even posted on the list), TL Hanna 2 of 4, Summerville 1 of 2, and Dorman 3 of 2 (How is it that you have 3 players on the team, when only 2 were nominated?)

Not sure what happened with the top two scorers in 4-A (According to Individual stats) not being on the All-State Team...would love to hear how that discussion went. Just wonder what stats you guys were looking at????

Like I said on my original post...I am appalled and disgusted!!!! Even more so now that I have really looked at who made it versus who was at the meeting. Shame on you David Lloyd, Steve Lea, Tony King, and Ron Johnson!!!!
There is NO WAY you can convince me that these Region VI and V players were given more than 2 seconds of consideration without a representative there.

world cup
world cup
....and 1- CLOVER

(very well-deserved I might add)

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
K
Kickoff
Kickoff
K
just curious as to how Irmo a fourth spot finisher in their region got so many nominees? no disrespect to them but without a rep. from our region there, how did they get so much love??

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard