Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
corner kick
corner kick
Final in OT

Christ Church 4
Woodruff 3

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
S
throw in
throw in
S
Not sure what game the papers were at but the Christ Church and Woodruff game was a tight emotional roller coaster. Woodruff scored first in the first 5 minutes. Christ Church answered in the next 5 minutes. Christ Church scored to bring it to 2-1 at half. Woodruff came back to tie it. Christ Church scored for it to be 3-2. Woodruff came back to tie it in the end of regulation. First 10 minutes of overtime, nothing. Christ Church got lucky and got another goal in the second overtime and packed the back to shut down Woodruff's chance to equalize. Both teams played tremendous and with a lot of heart. It was one of those games where you hate for there to be a loser.

K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
Prediction-
Waccamaw girls win the state championship for 2a...they have demolished every team they have played-they will finally get their win! they have a large group of seniors that have played club for a long time u-10's i think...

S
throw in
throw in
S
Actually now I can't remember did Woodruff get up 3-2 and then Christ Church tied it to 3-3? Not sure of the order. Just remember it seemed like it went back and forth and no team was ever up by more than 1 goal.

brace
brace
sigh. . .I have simple dreams. . .and thought we were so close to having an all-public-school final in AA/A girls this year. . .sigh. . .

So here is my cheer for Waccamaw to win Friday. . .

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
corner kick
corner kick
Well, here is my cheer (and this is not intended towards anyone's post, just my opinion about a great coach)...

Coach Gomez, you are a first class coach and person. You have done a remarkable job with the program and you have some of the hardest working and hardest playing young ladies in high school soccer. Here's to a great "rivalry" with tons of emotion and heart (and great soccer games to boot). And another cheer for hoping that this "rivalry" between a great 2A public school and 1A private school continue for years to come.
Congrats to you on another very successful season. I look forward to seeing you on the pitch over the next year and am glad I can call you my friend.

Coach Nichols

Last edited by formerhscoach; 05/18/10 09:58 PM.

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
throw in
throw in
Thank you coach Nichols, and the same to you. Your girls gave us a great match, as expected. I beleive everybody whether it was on the bench or the field,gave all they had and left it on the field. Which makes for great memories and for great matches yet to come. Yes I would like to keep this rivalry going.You've done a great job with your proram.Good luck on the championsip game. And I also consider you a friend of mine.

Coach Gomez.

GOOOALASO
G
goal kick
goal kick
G
Dorman @ Mauldin 5-18-10
Halftime Score
Mauldin - 0
Dorman - 0

G
goal kick