Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Let's compare Apples and Apples

In the older boys ages, not all clubs are putting out there most talented group for SCYSA state cup.. So I'm not going to give all that much merit to the results in the older boys age group. With that being said CESA is still the strongest club in SCYCA boys.. The other Non US Academy affiliate clubs needs to step up and compete..

On the girls side the gap is closing even thou CESA won the state titles in the older age group.. All games were closer and the younger age groups its even closer, with South Carolina United and South Carolina United - Mt Peasant winning state titles..

Its nice to see competition amongst the elite clubs

D
throw in
throw in
D
My understanding of that situation is somewhat different. The boys were told that if they only wanted to be on the premiere team and not on the challenge team they could ask for that and they would be given an answer when the rosters are posted next week. If they would consider the challenge team then there would be one roster for both and the final rosters would be announced after regionals. I think they expect every boy to want to be on the best team they can. Some may choose to roster at a different club if they don't make premiere.

This makes sense and the coaches have to know where the existing players slot (repositioning slots based on season) and are using tryouts/evaluations to slot new players that show up.

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

In addition, players at the u15 try..er....evalutaion were told if they wanted to try to make the premier team they could work out with them (interesting?) on Sunday but if they did not make it, they would not be on any team

premier or nothing??

G
kick off
kick off
G
Thought it was time to resurrect this post. Has the tide turned? I wouldn't say so at all with a clean CESA sweep in the U15-18 girls and boys divisions. U17 even had two CESA teams in the finals and thus Premier League.

goal
goal
goalstop, if state championships are all you are looking for, then I guess that's the place to be.

G
kick off
kick off
G
I assume that you're referring to player development with that comment. Its hard to argue that the best team in the state is not giving their players proper development. If they were not, the players would not be as good, and thus the team would not win state championships. Furthermore winning state means making premier league and regionals, which means better competition. And most would agree that better competition leads to more player development.

goal
goal
And I assume, by your comment, that you're assuming that the "best" team in the state is the team that wins the state championship.

goal
goal
But, if "winning state...making premier league and regionals" is all you're looking for; again, that's definitely the place to be.

L
Goal
Goal
L
dude, why so sour?
you down cause cesa swept or what?

brace
brace
Since "most" people would see that as a reflection of success, then yes that's what most people are looking for, now your typical website trolling fanatic well maybe they want more?

Gotta give CESA credit where it is due. In SC they win when it counts. Now how much of that winning can be attributed to fact that they develop players or that they "gather" the best players from around the state is debateable amoungst those with better insight than me. All I am sure of is they are winning cups for the club season after season.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard