kick off
K
Lexington had 5 seniors this season.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

The All-Region committee is based on all of the coaches in the region. Each coach gets to nominate players for All-Region prior to meeting. Each coach can put in one player from his/her own team, totaling 8 in this region. The other 12 are voted on by all of the coaches but you may NOT vote for your own player. The MVP and COY are also voted on by the coaches and have to be nominated prior to the meeting. You can nominate your own player for player of the year but not yourself for coach of the year. All of that is then voted on at the meeting.

All-State ,the coach can nominate players and put a brief summary of the player on the nomination form. After that it is out of the coaches hands and into the committee. Which is why there is such a problem when region reps don't show up.

Is this process per region, or do most/all regions use the same process?

Also, congratulations to Sara Simpson. I've enjoyed watching her compete against as well as with my daughter for 8 years, and I've never known her to leave less than 100% on the field. A great competitor, a well deserved award.

K
Kickoff
Kickoff
K
"Lexington had 5 seniors"
Lexington's starting lineup consisted 4 seniors, 2 juniors, 3 sophmores, and 2 freshman so they will be back and ready to go next year!! can't wait to come home on the weekends and see my girls shine!!!

K
kick off
kick off
K
Yes, Lexington had 4 seniors in starting line-up, but 5 seniors on the team...don't want to leave anyone out just because playtime was limited for the 5th...

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

How do four teams play 14 region games and four others play no more than 13? Doesn't seem fair to me!

12-2 Dutch Fork
12-2 Lexington
10-4 White Knoll
8-6 Irmo
5-7 Aiken (missing 2 games)
4-9 North Augusta (missing 1 game)
0-9 RNE (missing 5 games)
0-12 O-W (missing 2 games)

Most of the missing games were probably played but the coaches just did not post their schedules or scores on the scoreboard. The games that are showing for Aiken, RNE, & OW were posted by the opposing team in most cases. The coaches are not required to post and at least one of these is not listed as a member of SCHSSCA which sponsors this website and the scoreboard.

throw in
throw in
Irmogsoccer: Does Region 5 have limit on the number of players that can be nominated for All-Region per team? Thanks

Nothing is Impossible
K
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
K
No. Once they are nominated they are then voted on. A coach can nominate any number of players he/she thinks worthy of nominating. Then the committee of coaches votes on those players. Hope that helps

throw in
throw in
Thanks.

Nothing is Impossible
T
bench
bench
T
This may be a false assumption but I am from the school that the coach of the year is selected on the performance and record of his or her team.

Coach A
His or Her team is:

Region play-8-6
Over all-12-10-2
Eliminated in the first round of Playoffs.

Coach B
His or Her team is:

Region play-12-2(Co-Champs)
Over all-16-4-1
Eliminated in the Lower State Finals
Coach B's Team beats Coach A's team Twice
Coach B starts 5 Freshman

Based on the records,Coach B is my COY
Am I wrong?

corner kick
corner kick
At first glance Judge I would say yes, unless something along the lines of team A being 2-12 in region last year. In my opinion there is more to consider than just reccord's.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard