Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
kick off
kick off
H
Alex is very good.

We played NW twice this year. Alex was invisible in the first game and prominent in the 2nd with 2 scores. He definitely has skill, but he can be off/on. All players have good games and bad games.

The NW team is better w/o depending on one person.

The fact that they just won the State Championship means that Alex was 1/11th of that effort. Go TEAM! Congrats to the whole team.

world cup
world cup
You go Alex!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
goal kick
goal kick
That total domination/ demilition of Irmo by NW just made this conversation or discussion or argument totally irrelevant and ignorant.

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
throw in
throw in
Quote:

That total domination/ demilition of Irmo by NW just made this conversation or discussion or argument totally irrelevant and ignorant.

I think you watched the wrong game, sir.

goal kick
goal kick
they won 4-2 and NW scored 2 dubious own goals, in finishing, the most important aspect of football, NW destroyed Irmo...even the most ardent Irmo supporter should be able to agree with that. Its not like Irmo will never be back, they are still a good squad and will be fine for next year, just on tonight they were not on top of their game

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
throw in
throw in
Quote:

they won 4-2 and NW scored 2 dubious own goals, in finishing, the most important aspect of football, NW destroyed Irmo...even the most ardent Irmo supporter should be able to agree with that. Its not like Irmo will never be back, they are still a good squad and will be fine for next year, just on tonight they were not on top of their game

I agree with most of what you say, I just always tend to feel little uneasy whenever people claim a game was one-sided--especially considering the heart both teams brought to the field tonight. It's a bit disrespectful to the winners and the losers, downplaying what I thought was a very hard-fought game on both ends.

Your last point especially is a bit sad though...I've been away for most of the season and this is the first game of '10 that I saw live. I'm proud of my boys and always will be, but a few --certainly not all-- of them were decidedly off mark tonight, compared to how I've seen them play before. In the end though, I think they gave it their best and that's all we can ask for. I'll be in the stadium again next year, and I hope they will be too. This rivalry is the stuff you make movies out of. /eyes 100+ anons viewing the forums....*hint hint*

Last edited by mechie15; 05/23/10 04:16 AM.
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Quote:

he is over-rated and nothing like his brother and skill wise no where near as good as Enzo. whines and complains and holds the ball too much. he and his team will lose this saturday to IRMO......

As far as this ignorant comment goes...you can take and shove it!

And while we're at it...how does that crow taste??

-Attitude reflects leadership-
goal kick
goal kick
I can agree with you on that. The Irmo players showed a lot of guts coming back from 3-0 down with 15 minutes left to make it 3-2! A lot of teams would hvae given up and many past Irmo teams probably would have too! Yeah and if they make that movie about Dennis this would be a great final scene!

T
kick off
kick off
T
Quote:

i got you you wakka! those tshirts gonna b sellin fast and quick just like white powda! and oh whats your estimate of how many IRMO fans will be baked out of their minds at Saturdays game. and how many RASTA flags will we see?

I sat behind the Irmo fans for all of ten minutes before moving. Don't know if they would be as into the game if they didn't have "items" keeping them motivated. Have to say it caused great entertainment throughout the whole game however.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard