Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
"Magician only one, he is from El Salvador" Diego Maradona

"We wanted to do the same things in Argentinos juniors, but we couldnt, we could break our ankles" Maradona

"You saw? you saw what Jorge did, did you see his goal with Cadiz?" Maradona

"He is one of the 10 best players ever, I was one of his biggest fans, and Im his friend" Maradona

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9HF3cFLPIc

Club of the century.
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
here is another great video of jorge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAsXozyqK5Y

long live street futbol!

Jorge Alberto González Barillas (born March 13, 1958 in San Salvador), popularly known as El mágico (the wizard), is a former Salvadoran footballer.

A striker gifted with superb ball-control skills (his talent being overshadowed by questionable behaviour off the pitch[1]), he is mainly associated with Cádiz Club de Fútbol, while also representing El Salvador national team for over a decade.

Despite relegation into the second division in 1984 and interest from French club Paris Saint-Germain and Italian sides ACF Fiorentina and U.C. Sampdoria, González opted to stay in Cádiz.

Many critics and journalist say that if González had been Argentinian or Brazilian, he would have ranked amongst the best in the world, along side Pelé and Maradona.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magico_Gonzalez

Club of the century.
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Great post! Magico Gonzalez was idolized by Maradona and they actually got to play in friendlies together for Barcelona in the US in the early 80s. They constantly looked for each other in all the matches....the most skillful two-man game you'll ever see.

corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
Quote:

Great post! Magico Gonzalez was idolized by Maradona and they actually got to play in friendlies together for Barcelona in the US in the early 80s. They constantly looked for each other in all the matches....the most skillful two-man game you'll ever see.

there is a video on youtube where diego and jorge play together vs new york.

funny how magico is outshadowing maradona, but maradona seen to get mad and stop passing him the ball and start taking every free kick and asking for the ball more hahaha

jorge was too humle for maradona, that was jorges biggest mistake, he had not desire to be the best or to prove anything, in the other hand, diego being from argentina with italian roots, he wanted to be a world champion, 2 different minds. jorge was all about doing street moves.

i will bring the video when i get a chance so you can look at it, jorge starts taking people over, doing his thing, maradona seens jelous, but they were passing the ball to each other at the begining of the game.

maradona asked for jorge to join barcelona, but from what people said, menotti hated jorge bc jorge was a party animal.

jorge is still loved by his fans as the greatest and most humble soccer player of all time.

anytime i watch the video i wish i could go back in time as a kid and play soccer in the streets, is awesome.

jorge, fat-ronaldo and ronaldinho were probably the most creative players our game ever produced, pure street soccer.

pele and zico are somewhere in there too, zico is by many brazilians the "white" pele.

Club of the century.
goal kick
goal kick
What about Garrincha? Great player from Brazil!!! Oh and Eusebio from Angola, Portugal!!!!

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
many people say many great things about both, but there is little evidences (videos).

i heard from friends that "ole" in soccer was invented bc of garrincha.

the big brazilian defenders would come hard and dirty like bulls towards garrincha, but he had the ball glued to his feet, so he would take on 4 or 5 defenders and people would be like "oleeeee, oleeee" hahaha

it would have been great to watch garrincha play, according to most people, he was the best dribbler ever.

jorge was not just street thought, as you can see on his videos, he was a complete player, even on free kicks and going to the air, he was just perfect and magical with the ball.

idk much about eusebio but maybe you can tell us what we should know about him?

Last edited by Alma Merengue; 05/25/10 03:25 AM.

Club of the century.

Link Copied to Clipboard