Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 22 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
S
throw in
throw in
S
Thank you for trying, Mechie15. I commend you on that ... but the responsibility lies with the Irmo administration. You KNOW they were there and decided to do NOTHING. A letter definitely is going out to the principal.

Good review ... exactly how I saw it as well.

throw in
throw in
From what I hear, the entire Irmo administration has basically been fired and will be replaced next year by the new principal's friends...if this was their way of protest, by staying silent as the students trashed the name of Irmo (which is already pretty bad, we don't need more help), then I have to say maybe they deserve to lose their positions. But there could be more to the story I don't know.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

8 on Irmo played with class, skill and heart the entire game... I saw him comfort the Irmo defender who was directly the cause of the third NW goal...

Despite all his hype on here, I was sad to see that Alex wasn't the "heart" of anything. He was sluggish when he wasn't on the ball--I saw at least two incidents where after a NW corner, he remained on the Irmo half even as they launched a counterattack, and his sportsmanship consisted of rolling around on the ground until the whistle was blown or it became apparent the ref was continuing play. Not half the man his brother was, I'm sorry to say. 4 on Irmo seemed to suffer from the same deflation of hype--a solid player, but not particularly special, at least in this game.

Overall, I would say Irmo was the more solid team, controlling the game until the last ten or so minutes, despite not being able to finish. The NW victory was the result of a few astounding players, not the work of a team, and seeing as Irmo has the younger potential (7 uptop was I believe either a pretty small sophomore or a freshmen--either way, he was a doing a lot of work) with more sophomores on field, so I think they're rising. Only time will tell though.

NorthWestern's Roster Consists of:
10 Seniors
6 Juniors
6 Sophmores

Irmo's Roster Consists of:
6 Seniors
9 Juniors
8 Sophmores

With Irmo having more youth, I agree that their time will come very soon. And yes, #7 Dunbaker, is a Sophmore.

I also saw #8 for Irmo, B. Padula (SR.) comfort his teammate after the Northwestern goal and that was something you rarely see. Usually you see teammates getting mad with each other or yelling, but this guy does something totally different. He makes sure that his teammate is calm and doesn't beat himself up over it. That was one of the classiest things I have seen a player do in a long time.

goal kick
goal kick
Irmo from top to bottom is a better team and on paper should have won. But NW is a class team and their "superstar", i use that term loosely, players are probably better quality. NW had three amazing goals tonight and probably should have had a couple more beauties. Irmo players showed a lot of determination though coming back and making it 3-2 before Dennis finished it. I dont think Ive ever seen Irmo players work so hard and try to get back into a game, probably because they are rarely in that situation! Congrats and good luck for next year!

Wow Ryan Hurst had a sublime strike for JL Mann to outlast SA. That first goal might have been unfortunate as all the SA players turned off but its not like that goal was against the run of play.

Congrats to BL too. I personally disgraced them earlier this week. I guess I seriously overestimated BE's play and quality. BL was the better team from what I saw and that game winning goal was very well taken.

I saw some great goals today! Definitely worth the price of admission!

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
kick off
kick off
Finally BE looses in a state championship about time eh. SA put up a very good fight throughout the entire game which most people counted them out from the very begging of the game. I myself did not see what happened on the first goal, but it looked to me as the center ref had no idea what had just happened either. The second goal Mann scored was just an amazing strike by Hurst. Finally the Irmo vs. NW game. I am glad NW put all the Irmo fans in there place by showing what their striking prowess can do to a sloppy D. I do give props to Irmo for putting up a fight and making it a game with there first goal and making NW score an own goal from a low driven cross my Acree. In the end though NW just had to much firepower for a lackluster Irmo Defense tonight. Congrats to all the State Champions and runner ups trust me I know how it feels to lose in the State Championship game just come back even stronger and more resilient to win the whole thing next year!!

throw in
throw in
Quote:

With Irmo having more youth, I agree that their time will come very soon. And yes, #7 Dunbaker, is a Sophmore.

He's a very talented kid then, I saw him juke a few people out. I'll try to remember to look at him next season, he certainly seems to be going places.

Quote:

I also saw #8 for Irmo, B. Padula (SR.) comfort his teammate after the Northwestern goal and that was something you rarely see. Usually you see teammates getting mad with each other or yelling, but this guy does something totally different. He makes sure that his teammate is calm and doesn't beat himself up over it. That was one of the classiest things I have seen a player do in a long time.

He's a senior? I was afraid he might be, I remembered him playing in the last years game, and he's a tall kid, so I figured he would be an upperclassmen...it's a pity he won't be around next year, because he's got a very focused, grounded style of defense that is fun to watch.

IIRC, the kid (#19?) didn't start and was sent on that half...being in that position is awful, you can't help but feel the coach has messed up by sending you in, and it's impossible not to blame yourself--I'm willing to admit I've been there before ! It was good to see an older teammate extend a hand and help him...it was even better to see the kid score later and redeem himself.

And yes it was classy...if only our fans had matched most of our players decorum.

S
bench
bench
S
I sat on the NW side because I was there to cheer for NW. Sadly, I heard the NW "student section" chant everything you heard from the Irmo fans, and other slurs, many times. Someone with NW should have intervened. These students were a very poor reflection on what I am sure is a fine institution.

U
bench
bench
U
Quote:

Meanwhile, Irmo's look is all business. Their Jamaican flags are flyings and they have this look about them....hunger, retribution, something is different.

......those aren't Jamaican flags bud.

goal kick
goal kick
I still cannot believe the BL game. I officially think that hell has frozen over. I hope this is a testament to the rise of soccer throughout the state of South Carolina, even in the farm lands of Batesburg. I honestly cannot believe that BL has a state championship in soccer. This is is great and it sounds like the rest of the games were hard fought as well but I have to give kudos to BL.

Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic.
bench
bench
Was the day not about what the kids on the field were doing and not the fans? Who cares... enjoy the game

Page 18 of 22 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard