Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
throw in
throw in
Quote:

Why were there two 4A state championships? Huh?

I think QM was referring to the fact that both teams involved in the 3A State Championship game will not be in 3A next year, but will be moving up to 4A.

Laces out DAN!!!
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
I was unable to attend the state championship games. I do have a question for those that attended the BL-BE 2A game. Was the performance by BL keeper Austin White what it seems? I saw where he had 24 saves (16 in the game and 8 in overtime). That is almost unheard of. Must have been some kind of performance - even if the majority were fairly "routine" saves that would still be more saves than alot of keepers make in 3 or 4 games. I would place my bet that there were some really tough saves included with BE taking 40 shots on goal. Congrats to a tough BL team that plays with incredible heart.

S
goal
goal
S
Having never had the pleasure to watch BL boys play a game can someone tell me a little about # 12 the defender. What type of soccer skill set does she have and what is her size and speed.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Having never had the pleasure to watch BL boys play a game can someone tell me a little about # 12 the defender. What type of soccer skill set does she have and what is her size and speed.

She was quick and fast, but what impressed me the most was that she seemed to be in the right place at the right time, everytime. Had to be frustrating for BE.

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Quote:

She was quick and fast, but what impressed me the most was that she seemed to be in the right place at the right time, everytime. Had to be frustrating for BE.

Thanks,
Congrats to #12 she must be a very good athlete to play on an all boys team at this age. I am a little surprised that the BE coach didn't try to switch things up and look for a speed advantage. Congrats to the whole BL team.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Let's remember..He never had to switch it up before..

Goal
Goal
BL's Keeper Austin White, had a career game. As you said, many of the saves were routine, but Bishop England was possessing the ball on their middle and attacking thirds most of the game, so they took a good number of shots, but could never finish. Also, any shot that was on frame was saved by the keeper. He wasn't going to let anything go into his goal. I've seen BL play a few times this season and that is the best game he has ever had, hands down.

#12 has good speed and is very smart. She can keep up with certain players and if she can't, she knows how to compensate and be in a postition to slow the attacker down. Even if she did get beat, she would get up, recover, and go right back to get the ball. You could beat her once, but she wasn't going to let it happen twice. The defense over-all executed their gameplan with little error.

Bishop Enlgand had their chances to win the game, but never finished. But I guess that's why people say, "That's why we play the game." Anything can happen

throw in
throw in
Why do Irmo fans talk so much crap all season and then their team cant back it up when it matters most?

bench
bench
Where can I find video of the game?

U
kick off
kick off
U
SCHSL.TV

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard