Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
World Cup
World Cup
You can be a player of the year in AAA...but not be one of 7 AAA players on the All-State team?

U
throw in
throw in
U
I would guess she's considered on it if she was player of the year. Plus if she's putting it on her college profile it looks even better. Congrats to Emily, I saw her play in the state final. She's well deserving of the award.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
As far as SCISA goes, Cardinal Newman, the runner up in the state, only had one player on the all-star list while at least three of the best players in SCISA from CN were left off. Hard to figure out.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Not hard to figure out. The coach of a team has the responsibility of filling out all state nomination forms and make sure his deserving players are nominated. When you see schools with no players the coach dropped the ball. When you see schools with some players but not the ones you think are deserving then the coach must have nominated the players he/she thinks are deserving. Either way you should ask the coach why certain players are not on a list.

goal
goal
It's the HSSR. Do they even cover soccer?

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
O
throw in
throw in
O
Congratulations to all of the players who made this list. I must again state that the current system in place is flawed and there needs to be a change. There are some big time players in the Anderson area, York county, and across the state that should be on here. It kind of makes one wonder if playing high school ball is worth it. You have future SEC players who are not even nominated? One would think an honor like this being on a college profile would bring respect to our state. It is pitiful that there are coaches who do not put their players first and take the 5 minutes to nominate them. Having a player listed here would bring respect to any high school program, too. High school coaches it is hard to be respected if you don't show respect to the gifted, skilled, and talented players. By promoting them, you promote your program.

F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
I would imagine with TL Hanna having C. Drennon and M. Anderson making AAAA All-State, Westside having Boltin make HSSR All-State, M. Anderson making the Clash, and Kniepp, Tucker, Boltin and Bloom all making North South, it would be hard for the Anderson area to say they are lacking statewide recognition.

There are a lot of quality players in the area, but based on Anderson's size I would say it was represented very well on statewide teams.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard