Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Ah yes, the same argument that BC's coaches make all of the calls for their players to make such and such team...Lewis couldn't have made the selection based off his own merits, that would be too sub par, right? I guess his going to be playing at the College of Charleston had everything to do with the BC's coaches getting him on that team.

And no, I don't think BC is better than those teams, but I do think you could put them right up there with them. BC has won 334 matches in the past 20 yrs. Wait for it...oh that's right, BC's coaches probably had something to do for it. Finally the argument gives credit where credit is due.

Maradona good, Pele better, George Best.
Goal
Goal
Hmmmm....since I'm setting here killing time (waiting for my plane)
So did the BC coach pick the HSSR SCHSL team (ergo the Lewis pick)? He might have, but I wasn't aware of it.
Next, do you think the BC Keeper didn't even deserve consideration for the Clash of the Carolinas? Maybe...but I doubt it. I watched a lot of games this year and don't really remember seeing a keeper that would stand out as obviously better (of course a may be partial).

No...BC probable wasn't better than an Irmo or a NW. but if you crunch the numbers, they probable can hold their own against any of these other teams.

Wando: we were missing Lewis and the keeper received a concussion in the first 3 minutes of the match. He played through the first half and was able to hold them 1-0.
Lexington: played tight until a few main players received yellows and coach pulled them out of the game. Also we beat Socastee 3-0, which tied Lexington (I realize this cross correlation is always accurate, but it does give one something to think about)
Bishop England: 1:0 questionable non-call on an offsides that resulted in a goal.
Chapin: 1:0 at half, held that way until near the end when BC pull defense up and cost them.
West Ashley....beat them!
South Aiken...beat them 2:0, Lost in OT, Lost in OT
Mann...already pointed out the SA connection.

As far as the coach choosing the players, well I'm sure you can organize your own All-Star team, and then you can pick your team.

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Probably Lexington! However, Shirtless Bernie, I know the SA program well and am very impressed with Brady as well, but he did miss the first half of the season and a couple of key region games with a broken collarbone. It's obvious that you're either Frieberger or one of his admiring cronies, but at the same time let's remember that Lexington is number four in the state in enrollment and has zero state championships in soccer. What gives? Is it LCSC? Is it Lake kids not producing? Is it spoiled kids not putting time into HS season? Is it coaching? Is it the parents? Stop putting down our 3A region, cause it's pretty [censored] good. I'm sure that if BC had those enrollment numbers and rich kids playing that they'd be pretty good too. At any rate, Brady is awesome. Taylor is very good, that's why he's going to Charleston. Frieberger going to USC is great, but where are YOU going?

Wando, 3229
Dorman, 3214
Summerville, 3126
Lexington, 2608
Sumter, 2431
Fort Dorchester, 2346
Stratford, 2283
James F Byrnes, 2221
Mauldin, 2149
Hillcrest, 2136

These teams have no excuse not to be in the top 10 every year. Are you kidding me? If they are not in the top 10, can you explain to me why they are not? Where the hell is Irmo and Northwestern? How do they do it? If you're in the top 10 in enrollment in SC, then you should be in the top 10 in 4A and some of those teams listed are terrible (Byrnes/Hillcrest???). What gives?

I'm not saying we're going to roll in 4A next year, but we'll hold our own once again. Remember '05 when no one gave us a chance either at that level! Until then, Lexington has no room to talk or downgrade other programs.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Upon further review ... is this you Shirtless Bernie?

Shirtless Bernie???

goal kick
goal kick
I defended your boy brady not put down your region. All i said was that there were a lot of politics put into this team. Crawl down out of my ass why don't you. And under your logic sumter should be a powerhouse too?

G'd up from the feet up
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
No matter what "team" someone is voted on, picked for, selection...there will be some subjection. I remember in my second year in coaching soccer.. We had two players make the All Region Team. The Region Champ had five elected...understood, but two teams we had beated and knocked of the play-offs (this is back when only eight lower state and 8 upperstate teams make the play-offs) had four each...as a Young Smart @$$ I said I should have gotten Coach of the Year..after all I made the play-offs with just two all region players..I raised a lot of eyebrows, but I think the point was made...
in 1989, in the other football team we had one of the best defensive units in the state...one all region
I guess what I am trying to say is that at all levels (yes also professional sports) there is someone good left off,
As far as All region each region has their process of how it is selected, in ours it is weighted on how you finish, maybe not the fairest at times for a very good team, but takes the politics out, and throws it back on the coach. All State Teams...no matter who selectes, what publication etc. There is always going to be discussed who made it why etc.
Years ago the Greenville News use to run an excellent All State Team...They Picked 11, They sent ballots to every coach in the State..(Way before e-mail) and they got a good responce, talking to one of the editators at the end, they were only getting abou35 ballots back. Sure there are the excuses...My AD didn't give it to (and this may be true in some cases) I didn't know I didn't________fill in the blank.
Kyle and scsoccer.com does a great job, but again many coachs do not get the nominations or what ever they need to do done. As far as the HSSR, they do a good job honoring players...but it is a for profit publication, they try to get as much as they can of an unbasis picks...but it is what it is.

Let's Honor the Players who made what ever team...and if is really about the kids..we will all remember this point

If you made it this far in my rambling, boy were you bored
Well I start my vacation soon, fly to Calif. and Drive back cross country...so to ANY PLAYER who MADE ANY TEAM CONGRATS
I am officially

Scott D. Ruggles
Stratford High School
goal
goal
sb, my final comment. You're probably a disgruntled senior at LHS who didn't get many accolades. Grow up! There's a big world out there and it's time to do a little less talking and a lot more doing! Good luck.

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
S
throw in
throw in
S
The website for the correct All state Team is www.hssr.com
and then click on HSSR 2010 spring sports and they have the actual list. My question was the 2010 SCHSCA All state team is done by classification such as 4A, 3A 2A,1A but why would the HSSR be different.In other words why would there be players listed on HSSR team but not on SCHSCA team.

E
bench
bench
E
The keeper from Spring Valley is better than the BC keeper but it does help that the BC coach is coaching the Clash. Shirtless bernie ive seen him play and he is a better player than what BC had on the field.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
You are an idiot! Duzan is a better keeper than Limbaugh that's why he was chosen for the Clash. Duzan gives SC the best chance to WIN!! Didn't BC put in 3 against him in the preseason? I'd think an elite keeper would be in better form than that.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard