Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Congrats Patriot on making u18 CESA premier. With your accomplishment you also win the consolation prize and get to play challenge league. I heard monthly fees went up a little bit for the U18's this past week. How much are they socking you for?

G
bench
bench
G
If your daughter made the premier team just this year...I am not sure that you can speak to the fact that a turnover was needed. All of the games I attended when my daughter played it seemed the team had chemistry...it seemed to me the coach lost interest; therefore so did some of the girls. I dont think it is fair for anyone to talk about the girls that have decided not to play for whatever reason or say they were not committed (which seems to be the reason CESA is using)...because 4 of those girls were starters and did help in getting the team into the premier league. I personally think that for CESA to have them play in 3 leagues and drive up the costs so that it makes it cost prohibitive for some is bad when some of those girls have played and been committed to CESA for 10+ years. And as far as the girls that didn't make the premier league taking their balls and running to another club...I don't think that is the reason there are not 2 teams because there were a lot of challenge girls that decided not to play as well.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Wow Patriot, I hope the Kool-Aid taste good, because you sure are drinking it. It is amusing that when a player leaves CESA and goes to another club, they are ranted with sarcasm and ridicule "took their balls and ran to another club", but when CESA lures one to them from another club, they are met with open arms and love. And when this occurs, who pays the price? Usually the local/Upstate/Greenville player who gets moved down to Challenge or Classic. And often times this is a player and family who have played for and supported GFC, St. Giles and CESA from day one. Why do they get moved down? Because CESA knows, odds are, they will not leave, and will live in hope of getting moved back up. In fact Patriot, your daughter should have always been on the Premier team and she proved that in Seattle. It's too bad you live in Greenville county. You got treated like a second class citizen, when in fact all you did was support the Club for many, many years. As to all the discussion as to why so many left the U18 pool this year, you would have to start with the Coaches and Club, then move down to the money, travel, time issues. It is not that these girls lost interest in soccer. They all are looking forward to their high school seasons.

H
goal
goal
H
Seems like some people have forgotten Fight Club rules #1&2!

S
goal
goal
S
Nine of the CESA 92 girls premier starters have either signed or given a verbal commitment and several others have verbal offers, not to bad for a team from Greenville with all the problems i have read about on this forum.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
I don't know the answer. I know on one hand its a business and the more teams the better. I know I'm not going to pay loads of money so my daughter can sit on the bench so I want the teams to have 15-17 players. So how do you keep players if they don't make the premier. We had no problem playing challenge and played competitive teams. She took a year off before high school which helped her focus on what she wanted to do. I do question some of the coaches abilities to motivate these players so the child better be self motivating. Maybe CESA staff has to look at the way they treat the parents and kids. Maybe a little too much arrogance. I know that my daughter plays because she enjoys the game and it gives her structure. She doesnt play because of CESA. I appoligize for the take the ball and run but as a parent on the sidelines its hard to listen to the complaining every game. Tend to get sucked into it. As far as the amount of games: we are going to play when we can and when its too much the coaches will have to deal with it.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Get the quote Monday. Think you can kiss the challenge league good bye for me. Either do challenge and no ECNL or vice versa. Players are in drivers seat now. Good to have the power

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Sweet who cares about college scholarships. I heard one player on the team was offered a $1000 scholarship at a $20,000 a year university. So the word scholarship means nothing in womens soccer. It's the amount of $$$ offered in the scholarship. And I'm 100% positive that no kid on that team got anything even close to what they've invested in playing for CESA over the past several years. College soccer scholarships are usually peanuts. 12 available scholarships available for a womens college team of between 25-30 players. It's easy to figure those numbers out.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
So Patriot, you are going to give them an ultimatum?
And you think you have "all the power"?

This will be interesting...

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

I don't know the answer. I know on one hand its a business and the more teams the better. I know I'm not going to pay loads of money so my daughter can sit on the bench so I want the teams to have 15-17 players. So how do you keep players if they don't make the premier. We had no problem playing challenge and played competitive teams. She took a year off before high school which helped her focus on what she wanted to do. I do question some of the coaches abilities to motivate these players so the child better be self motivating. Maybe CESA staff has to look at the way they treat the parents and kids. Maybe a little too much arrogance. I know that my daughter plays because she enjoys the game and it gives her structure. She doesnt play because of CESA. I appoligize for the take the ball and run but as a parent on the sidelines its hard to listen to the complaining every game. Tend to get sucked into it. As far as the amount of games: we are going to play when we can and when its too much the coaches will have to deal with it.

Sounds like a pre-season attitude based on "lack of committment" that leads to exercising one's "power" to say "No", which the players have always had, then taking one's ball and running to another club.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard