Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Quote:

And I think this question has been asked before but no one has answered it. How did CESA make money from being in a league that cost them money. Maybe the club thought this was a worthwhile league to be in for their players because they got no financial gain from it.

Or, this was the only way to get the members to 'buy' into it!!

PS: $300 - $500K annual profit allows one (club) to make these kinds of decisions.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

delta dog,its great that you are happy with the costs,training,travel,etc that cesa provides for your daughters.

Transplant, I never said I was "happy" with the costs, training (or lack of), travel, etc., far from it. However, if we're going to attack costs let's be accurate in what those costs covered. Do I think a SC R3PLE team needs to fly half way across the country to find worthy competition? No way. Would I care so much about making those trips if the costs were being covered by corporate sponsors... probably not. (Although I can't say I'll welcome having a sponsor's phone number plastered on the front of the jersey. )

Am I tired of shagging balls in parking lots during warmups, because our kids don't get the technical training that allows them to put more than 2 out of 10 shots on frame from 18 yards? Absolutely. Do I lose tooth enamel, when after a season of training the club decides to offer a striker camp to fix the problem... at another $125 per player? Now THAT'S a no-brainer.

Do I think coaching conflicts are created by assigning more than one Premier team to a coach? Depends on how the teams are assigned, but generally yes. Should U-17 and U-18 players be able to handle the responsibility of preparing themselves for a game without a coach holding their hands 24 hours a day? Of course. If not by that age, then when?

As you said, gameplans are going to be what they are, and if you asked parents of 15 players for a gameplan prior to each game you'll end up with at least 16 including the one that's going to be used... the coach's. Did my older daughter have a problem with Pearse's evaluation of the prospects for a team carrying 12 players to regionals... no. She's 18 and didn't need a "rose tinted" view from her coach for motivation. Did Pearse "throw in the towel" as a coach, or did the team let an honest assessment of propects for advancement stop them from leaving everything on the field trying to win? Not hardly. Would I be happy for either of my daughters to play on another team coached by Pearse Tormey? In a heart beat. BTW, I stopped drinking Kool-Aid over 40 years ago, so let's not go there. (Well, except for some concoctions in college, so let's say 35 years ago.)

Do I think my daughters love having the opportunity to play with your daughter and others on their teams even in the face of club "imperfections" and MY frustrations? There I have no doubts. That's why the younger is planning on playing with the '92 team again. Will she have a problem with that committment given the pending schedules? In other words, do I think the 92's are over-committed this Fall? No. Will I probably be frustrated during the year by what I think the club should or shouldn't be doing? Of course, I'm a parent. Do I wish the club should be somewhat responsive to parents' input either individually or as a group? Nirvana. But, it's my daughter's game, and if she's good with it all (and I can survive the costs) then count her "in".

Last edited by DeltaDog; 08/10/10 06:50 PM.
L
Kickoff
Kickoff
L
Thanks Kwon, i did get it sorted out
Maybe you know the answer to this one? Since ECNL is going to be a league the best clubs are in, what is cesa going to do once ECNL won't let their teams partcipate in the state cup in the near future? How are they going to justify no more soccer balls added to the website?

D
Goal
Goal
D
Careful, utd4life. ECNL? I could go on for books.

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Here's a great CESA committment story. I know a girl who used to play on what is now the current CESA girls u18 premier team. When she was playing CESA u16 premier she experienced a season ending knee injury. She worked her way back, playing through pain for the CESA u17 challenge team with hopes of making u18 premier team this year. This spring her parents and her approached CESA about attending PDA in NJ with the current u18 premier team because she still had hopes of playing college soccer, and knowing the team was short on players. PDA is a college showcase event . CESA with their awesome commitment track record to their Club members goes and picks up a non CESA player from Charlotte and takes her instead of the player and parents who have committed their children to CESA over the past several years. Fortunately, the girl I'm talking about received a soccer scholarship. And you wonder why CESA gets these bad posts???

D
Goal
Goal
D
I know the girl you're talking about, she's a friend of my daughter. We're happy to see she will be playing Premier League once again this Fall and wish her and her team the best of luck for a successful season. I agree, not including her and some of the other members of the Challenge Team in the ECNL events was a mistake by the club.

Last edited by DeltaDog; 08/10/10 07:01 PM.
D
Goal
Goal
D
WOW! Just saw the new CESA jersey. Asking the players to wear those (actually, asking players to PAY to wear those)may really beg the question, "Have Club Soccer commitments gone too far for our kids?" Reminds me of the trucking company logo worn by Costner in "Tin Cup".

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
you right cockdaddy. No offense taken as well as excuse any comments I made. I think you made a great choice for your daughter. Had current players remained mine would have probably stayed on challenge. You know how tryouts go. Girls try and the coaches are out. Throw a ball on the field
and let the 22 girls go after it. Great way to conduct try outs.I remember when they use to actully run drills and judge the players. Those were the days.Getting back on premier is like applying to Clemson. If you want your child to go to Clemson you have to make Harvard grades to beat the out of state applicants. I guess thats why they made bridge schools.To be the man you got to beat the man. I wish there would have been a meeting before tryouts to discuss options. Playing challenge would have been fine if they would let some play in some ENCL games. Maybe the girls would have stayed. Thats all the girls wanted was a chance to compete at a higher level once in a while. Also I understand by mixing various players with various games might not make a strong team. But at least I fiqured out how to pay for it. Signed up for free lunch at middle and high school. its a wash.

S
goal
goal
S
You can't be serious, who cares about soccer scholarships ? from all the disgruntled parents posting, sounds like lots are pissed off about lack of scholarships.

BTW, the 92 premier girls were a heck of a team and very fun to watch over the years. I have no doubt that everyone of the girls on the 2009-2010 team will be successful in life with or without soccer. I wish all the new players on the 2010-2011 team, much success. And any CESA player who left to play for another club, I wish you success however your in for a good old beating when CESA comes to town

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Sorry cockdaddy, I misunderstood your statements. With all the comments, I wonder if "the boys" will understand some of the disgruntled sentiment.

I tried to talk to them about many of the concerns throughout this thread once, they did not care, nor would they listen.

The parents do not need to be running the club, but they do not need to be run over by the club either.

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard