A
details please on this "so called" championship match of 3A

#7474 05/12/02 03:39 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
All I can say is dissapointing.

Never seeing BC before I was excited before the start of this match. But soon after I was just shocked and...dissapointed. I don't know how BC beat Myrtle Beach. Soker was right...BC plays "boom ball" which there is nothing wrong with it. But when you're playing a team like Greenville (they can pass like crazy) you better be able to recover and control the ball better. Another thing that dissapointed me was BC after they knew they weren't coming back started pushing and fouling openly (with intent to injure). I will say that the center ref did seem to be biased towards Greenville but Greenville still out played BC and their crowd was insane compared to BC's shocked fans. I still respect Mr. Heise for everything he has done with scsoccer.com but dang...maybe they were having a bad night. But with their attitudes I was really feeling sorry for any of them except their goalie who did his best to stop Greenville's continuous onslaught.

#7475 05/12/02 03:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i said earlier that the real championship match was greenville-daniel. BC didnt deserve to be in teh final, they are just the best of the bad teams in 3a lowerstate. all they can do is play boom ball and against a team with class like greenville they get killed. if BC gets ranked 2nd in the final rankings it will be an outrage. greenville, daniel, southside, and riverside are all much better than BC.

#7476 05/12/02 01:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations Raiders. You know how hard you worked for this. I would describe the referee as a "play on" type. He didn't get in the way of the game too much. Greenville had gone through several wars to get here (Daniel and Southside). It was amazing that they stayed healthy through through the playoffs.

#7477 05/12/02 01:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would agree with Soker. Congrats to Greenville for winning it all, then Daniel should be ranked 2nd, followed by Riverside, maybe Southside and then BC. The lower state must have been pitiful. I doubt the politics of the voting will allow 4 upstate teams to be ranked ahead of BC though.
The referee certainly didn't decide this game!! It was over early...

#7478 05/12/02 06:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think i speak for all of the lower state when i say that i am embarrassed that our lower state rep did this bad in the final. i can guarantee you that mb would have given greenville a much better game. in the bc mb game mb only played half the game. they played 20 min at the end of the 1st half and 20 at the end of the 2nd. we scored 2 goals in the 1st 20 min we played, the 2nd we had at least 10 shots that were goalworthy. im very embarrassed that i am in the lower state and lost to bc after that 6-0 game

#7479 05/12/02 07:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Atleast they were there. Unlike yourselves, they didn't have to pay to get into the game. I have a lot of respect for B-C soccer and I know that they are a better team than what they showed last night. Stop *****in' because you had to watch the game instead of play in it.
-Lorick

#7480 05/12/02 10:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAHA

#7481 05/13/02 01:03 PM
G
bench
bench
G
Thanks to "The Guy!"

Only two teams made it to the 3A finals. MB had their chance and lost. Suggesting that MB would have played better is irrelevant....they couldn't even get to the State Finals.

#7482 05/13/02 01:11 PM
World Cup
World Cup
In response to "L-E Dude" & "MBfan" about Brookland-Cayce's play in the Class AAA State Championship match Saturday night, I'd like to offer this perspective.

We played poorly in the state final, no doubt! I give credit to Greenville that played exceptionally well and their team speed -- particularly on the outside midfield -- destroyed us. Also, kudos to the Greenville HS student body that showed up en masse to support their team. They were loud and kept their team energized. After the first two goals, we were shell-shocked and just couldn't get back into the game. The more we pressed, the more vulnerable we were in the transition and GHS made us pay.

Congratulations to the Red Raiders for a well played match and also to our Bearcat players for over-achieving much of the season and representing your school and community with class in a difficult situation.

I'm proud of the effort that this team displayed not only this year, but for 4-6 years that these seniors have been in our program. Thanks for helping build our program!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard