Next Thread
Print Thread
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick

Massachusetts-girls-soccer-coach-resigns-over-hilarious-possibly-insane-email

Love this sentence...
Quote:

While I spent a good Saturday morning listening to the legal liability BS, which included a 30 minute dissertation on how we need to baby the kids and especially the refs, I was disgusted.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
B
bench
bench
B
Wow, this is hilarious! I have had coaches like this who only value winning. While in the short run, the wins come, in the long run, the children end up hating the sport. Here is an article I wrote on How to Motivate Athletes.

bench
bench
That was classic!!! To be honest, the guy brings up several good ideas. May be a bit extreme for 6-7 year old girls, but not 16-17 year old girls. Our society is way too soft and accommodating. Kids need consequences. I wish I would have had more looking back. Can't make things too easy.

byronr - I don't mind praising kids, but sometimes we go too far. I've heard parents say "good job, you played hard" when in all honesty the team showed up hung over, sloppy play, late to team meetings, uniforms not matching, etc. I know cause I was on a team like that. It's not something I'm proud of, but it's the truth. The sad thing is we had parents that thought we had "given our all" when in truth we'd pulled an all night bender and participated in a general debauchery that would make Bluto blush.

All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
I
throw in
throw in
I
Quote:

Massachusetts-girls-soccer-coach-resigns-over-hilarious-possibly-insane-email

Love this sentence...
Quote:

While I spent a good Saturday morning listening to the legal liability BS, which included a 30 minute dissertation on how we need to baby the kids and especially the refs, I was disgusted.

That funny, but fake article has been making the rounds in local papers for years.

"Duh,WINNING."
Goal
Goal
Quote:

That was classic!!! To be honest, the guy brings up several good ideas. May be a bit extreme for 6-7 year old girls, but not 16-17 year old girls. Our society is way too soft and accommodating. Kids need consequences. I wish I would have had more looking back. Can't make things too easy.

byronr - I don't mind praising kids, but sometimes we go too far. I've heard parents say "good job, you played hard" when in all honesty the team showed up hung over, sloppy play, late to team meetings, uniforms not matching, etc. I know cause I was on a team like that. It's not something I'm proud of, but it's the truth. The sad thing is we had parents that thought we had "given our all" when in truth we'd pulled an all night bender and participated in a general debauchery that would make Bluto blush.

AMEN. The beach will do that to you.

Link Copied to Clipboard