Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
throw in
throw in
J
I know what the email said, but does a kid who didn't make the cut have a legit shot by going to these training sessions and changing a coach's mind
or is this list pretty much a lock the rest of the way?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
The system never changed..Oh they said it will but how many changes have we seen so far? One or two tryouts and club coaches are picking their club players..Is this a surprise?
I would pick my own players too..
So the charge is thirty five dollars for sub regions and the families can travel and pay the expenses because most went to the events anyway..How does this help the players and families that can not afford to travel to games? I think there are more than do not go than those that do.
Back to the ODP selections...

Last edited by coldhardtruth; 12/22/10 03:08 PM.
N
Throw In
Throw In
N
no one is ever going to be satisfied, no matter what. it's always something. i think that the evaluators did a good job this year. i watched many of the tryouts in different age groups, and looked for kids i knew were returning and those who were trying out for the first time. guess what, there is a mix of both, new and old on the rosters.

jaques, in my minds eye the only real absolutes are death and taxes, and you can get away wiithout paying those for a while too....

i feel that there is always an oportunity. if you have the time and your son/daughter is willing, damned right i'd go to practices and give it a shot! you can never have too many touches on the ball in that case.

merry christmas and a happy new year to all!!!

Last edited by nothersoccerdad; 12/22/10 06:35 PM.
H
brace
brace
H
yeah that 35 bucks sounds good until you figure in all the exspenses that a parent who didnt go to watch before has to pay now. 235.00 last year. now you have 35 for the fee, gas there and back at 2.75 a gallon ,room and board and food for atleast one parent and the player. seems it got more exspensive. what happened to making it cheaper for the good players that could not afford to play could.

LocalBoy #141157 12/22/10 09:13 PM
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Quote:

Emails went out today, lists are posted. See ya in Salem..

Are the lists really posted? Anyone got a link?

dhunter #141158 12/22/10 09:27 PM
N
Throw In
Throw In
N
Quote:

Quote:

Emails went out today, lists are posted. See ya in Salem..

Are the lists really posted? Anyone got a link?

http://www.scysa.org/programs/odpsubregional.aspx

goal kick
goal kick
it's only more expensive if you weren't going to go. Most parents in the younger age groups were in Winston Salem. Tuscaloosa is a different story.

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

That happens every year in SC. A lot of it happens....because of the short tryout process. The NC tryout process goes on a long time and the coaches really get to know the kids and what their capabilities are. In SC coaches are making decisions after 1 or 2 practices.

Nothing is perfect.....but its a darned shame when quality kids get lost in the shuffle. Particularly in year 1 or 2 of the process. After that the caste system kicks in....

I agree. The coaches do not have a lot of time to sort through a lot of players. I too, had the impression that they were making an effort to look at everyone this year, but with that format it seems inevitable that someone will get missed,. In fairness, though, all of the players were called for two tryouts this year, and the original plan for regional selections was shelved. Given the club calendar, how would you give them more time for selection? a summer camp perhaps?

LeGrazie #141161 12/23/10 11:52 AM
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

it's only more expensive if you weren't going to go. Most parents in the younger age groups were in Winston Salem. Tuscaloosa is a different story.

The girls go to Gainsville and most parents do not go. So for the girls sub reginals are going to be more exspensive. Maybe even have a few that do not go because a parent cant get them there.
I guess it is not so bad . Now the parent can set the cost for this instead of sc odp.The players from the Greenville area are only 1:45 minutes from Gainsville. They can stay in their own bed

H
brace
brace
H
No matter how good or bad a job sc odp did with picking players, evals need to be longer. Needs to be more like NC and do it over a couple of training sessions.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard