goal kick
goal kick
S
Thanks for the update.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

Quote:

Maybe the problem is the Club. If ECNL is having events year round (correct me if i am wrong) then why is the Club so insistant that the players not miss any of these events? There should be enough events occurring that missing one (which occurs in a particular High School season) is not a big deal.

I only have knowlege of how one Clubs thinks (here in the Upstate), it's "life or death" if you miss this ECNL event.

According to the ECNL website, "Each ECNL member club must participate in three of the five regular season events listed below."

2010-11 ECNL SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
ECNL Regular-Season Event #1 Aug. 27-29, 2010 Temecula, Calif.
ECNL Regular-Season Event #2 Dec. 3-5, 2010 Raleigh, N.C.
ECNL Regular-Season Event #3 Dec. 27-29, 2010 Sanford, Fla.
ECNL Regular-Season Event #4 March 4-6, 2011 San Antonio, Texas
ECNL Regular-Season Event #5 May 28-30, 2011 Zarephath, N.J.
ECNL National Championship July 14-16, 2011 TBD

So they definitely could choose not to participate in the one event that conflicts with the SC high school season.

End of May conflicts with final exams.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
There's a difference between no drama and people getting along, lol. Any time you put 2 or more girls together, you WILL get drama...that's life. The difference is in whether or not you have a TEAM of players or a group of players. A team is a cohesive unit that works together towards a similar goal and has fun doing it because it's not a means to an end. A group is just a bunch of individuals working for their own goals, regardless of the people around them.

My question was, basically, whether the kids these days are playing on teams, like we used to, or are they just a bunch of individual players doing whatever is needed for themselves without being a cohesive, supportive unit.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
S
throw in
throw in
S
we made a choice this weekend on where to go play. when the decision was made about san antonio we had no idea when the cup was.

HH -- ummm??? you've been a member since 2005 and read this board regularly per your 900+ posts and you had "no idea" when the Viking Cup was? I find that strange.

You had to know it was going to be the first weekend of March or the last of February, but you wanted to be elitist and act as if you're daughter will have the opportunity to go to a D1 out-of-state school of ACC/SEC caliber rather than slum around at a prep event where only in-state schools will be.

BTW, where IS Alex going to school? Surely she's already committed somewhere hasn't she?

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

we made a choice this weekend on where to go play. when the decision was made about san antonio we had no idea when the cup was.

HH -- ummm??? you've been a member since 2005 and read this board regularly per your 900+ posts and you had "no idea" when the Viking Cup was? I find that strange.

You had to know it was going to be the first weekend of March or the last of February, but you wanted to be elitist and act as if you're daughter will have the opportunity to go to a D1 out-of-state school of ACC/SEC caliber rather than slum around at a prep event where only in-state schools will be.

BTW, where IS Alex going to school? Surely she's already committed somewhere hasn't she?

i had a older daughter that only played 1 year of jv soccer.so no, i had no idea when the viking cup was. have never been there to watch it or couldnt tell you who has ever won it.you state the first weekend of march or the last of feb so i guess you were not sure when it was either.
im not sure where my youngest will end up playing. maybe she will decide not to play in college at all. still a long ways away.nothing wrong with playing at the cup in front of in-state schools but going to san antonio had more exsposure.
im not sure if you are asking about my alex but if you know her name then you already know where she plays.
dont get me wrong. even if i knew when the cup was she may of went to san antonio anyways.

Last edited by Hard Headed; 03/07/11 09:46 PM.
O
throw in
throw in
O
I see both sides of this. It is hard to commit to 2 teams. Both are important. I would hope that everyone involved would stay focused on what is important for each team and player and handle it in appropriate manner. HH please don't mention names... I am sure neither would want to be named on here like this.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
[

I only have knowlege of how one Clubs thinks (here in the Upstate), it's "life or death" if you miss this ECNL event.

Wow. Which club is that? The club that I know of in the upstate had players missing off of 2 of the 3 teams they took to San Antonio, and it certainly wasn't life or death. Nobody has been punished. Nobody was benched. Nobody was alienated. (I don't know if I spelled that right) On the other hand, I know that some kids missed their high school preseason tournament and had to do an insane amount of fitness as punishment before going. One player who missed the preseason tournament was heard this weekend saying "my hs coach hates me now". Nice.

By the way, the number of college coaches that is being thrown around as having attended the ECNL event should not be 90. There were 150+ registered. There were some there that were not registered. And yes, USC and Clemson watched CESA play in San Antonio. As did USC-Upstate, Davidson, Western Carolina and several other local schools that are nowhere near the west coast. Why go out to Texas to watch club players that are right in your backyard? So you can see them play against that level of competition. It was also nice to see Yale talking to our coaches about our players and seeing Princeton at our hotel.

Still an easy choice in my opinion.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

I see both sides of this. It is hard to commit to 2 teams. Both are important. I would hope that everyone involved would stay focused on what is important for each team and player and handle it in appropriate manner. HH please don't mention names... I am sure neither would want to be named on here like this.

what names have i mentioned?

Goal
Goal
I saw several S.C. college coaches in and about the Viking Cup this past weekend. I don't know many out-of-state coaches, so I cannot speak to that, but I saw a good number of in-state coaches there.

Victory Starts Here!
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Really? Can you be more specific than "several" and "a good number"? Which particular schools did you see?

Page 7 of 23 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard